rd125 build up, mini twostroke smoke

thanks, that diablo is pretty crazy, i built the motor and transmission set up for my buddy dan who owns it a few months

I can't believe I just spotted this build.
This is very close to where I'm going with my R5. It's nice to have a little more inspiration.

thanks everyone, my buddy took this photo the other day of it while i was out
tumblr_m1ehdpTZTT1qamx6a

That's a great photo. He did a good job of recreating the 70's vibe.

I have said it before about your bike, and I'll say it again, I can definitely dig it!

ha, yeah, i haven't taken it over the ton yet but it gets up there a lot easier than i figured it would, i am still trying to find one of the 1.0 carb slides, so i have been taking it easy till it is 100 percent dialed in

thanks, i still am going to make a little more stream line housing for the front light out of carbon

Love your little screamer! The TA125 fairing looks perfect. Enjoyed your build as well.
I like your solution to the headlight issue - I have 2 bikes with GP fairings and don't want to cut a headlight hole if I don't have to. Your light placement adds a little bit of weight to the lower forks but probably not enough to cause problems.
Wondered if there were any certification issues with the light or its placement on the bike and does it give sufficient light at night?
My fall back plan is to mount the headlight(s) in front of the fairing on a bracket, like the endurance racers in the '70s.
Good build, lots of fun (and work).
Regards,
Pat Cowan,
Vintage Motorcycle Fiberglass

thanks Pat, the light is one of the projectors off of a 2003 derbi gpr50, i swapped the insides out and used a little 4 led set up in there.. as far as legal, it is on the grey side for sure, but i also have only taken it out at night once..

What is the fairing off? It looks more like a Vesco or Steward or Greasley version of the TD1 shell but is different to all of teh above in some ways.

there is actually a 2 bikes that are in the works, a moto guzzi 850 that i am just doing a little cutting on, and a 69 cl175 that is getting a full rip down and full faring with a bunch of one off stuff done to it.. haven't posted anything about the cl175 yet, started a build thread on the guzzi though.. i also have a 110cc stroker derbi motor that i am going to build another mini racer around, just have to find the right frame to through it in

IMAG0866.jpg

Back
Top Bottom