Rod ends galore - all sorts of neat things

Wow!

click_on_the_item_you_want.noor.gif

front_cover.jpg

So for anyone who has ZERO idea what the parts they need are called and they pick up a set of rear sets but no linkage what ends would they be looking at?

Thanks!

Fear My Twin said:
So for anyone who has ZERO idea what the parts they need are called and they pick up a set of rear sets but no linkage what ends would they be looking at?
Thanks!

Heres the problem... The ends that you need would depend on the size & thread pattern of the link rod...and there are so many various combinations of sizes & thread pattern
Thats why I was looking for a place that I could just walk into and look for what I need based on the pieces that I have..

Since the rear-set pieces I have are Raask, I just called Omar's: http://omarsdtr.com/vrs4.html and just bought the rod that I need.
It cost me $40 including delivery just for the 10 5/8 inch shift rod but I figure it saves me the hassle of looking around...

Fear My Twin said:

Thanks!

What a good looking question!

It is fairly simple. The thing that looks like tuning fork is called a clevis. The joint that looks like a lollipop is called a Heim joint. The joint that looks like an ice cream scooper is called a ball and socket joint.

Has anyone ordered from them yet? I placed an order last week, and have been told were out of stock, no were in stock, were back in stock a couple of times. The measurements/thread pitches aren't hard to figure out at all.

If the rod ends are imperial size,simply cut a length of round stock, and thread with a die at both ends.Some OME applications will use a left hand thread at one end... the die is worth more than the rear sets,so don't bother,or on the cheap just weld bolts at each end and grind smooth.Heim joints at Princess auto are about $7.00 ea for a 1\4-28 tpi

I was looking on this site for the parts I need. I don't seem to see the piece that goes onto the splined shaft that actually shifts the bike. Am I missing it or does someone know where I can get that piece? I have a 72 CB450

I've been using these guys for rods ends for the race car suspensions i build. Excellent quality parts at a fair price.

their kits are more than what i paid for the bike. but the site is nice. i would like to pick one up for my next build when i go all out.

http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRHM
Is a good place for various and assorted bits and pieces.

FooFoo said:
It is fairly simple. The thing that looks like tuning fork is called a clevis. The joint that looks like a lollipop is called a Heim joint. The joint that looks like an ice cream scooper is called a ball and socket joint.
don't understand, dumb it down...further..further...

HomerSimpson211.jpg

For my rod ends, I went to QA1. They are local to me, and are the manufacturer of most of the Hiems that www.rodends.net (and Summit racing, and many others) sells. They are also a bit (or much) cheaper than most other sources / makes, which was important to me because I was buying a fair number of big (in motorcycle terms) Hiems.

Back
Top Bottom