Rearsets on a Maxim 400?

David_W

Is it possible?

In my vast ignorance and shortsightedness I thought that maybe I could throw an ensemble together with extras from racing, but that isn't an option. I've spent an embarrassing amount of time looking at the bike trying to find a way to mount rearsets, but nothing is coming to mind.

Any ideas? Anyone actually put rearsets on a Maxim 400 before?

Attachments

• FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    FullSizeRender-3.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 510
You could mount some Tarozzi style rearsets off the muffler mounting bolts:

guzzino_2263_88050863

The gear change should be a relatively simple matter of an extended linkage but the brake might be a bit more involved. Something like this:

DSC04542.JPG

hillsy said:
You could mount some Tarozzi style rearsets off the muffler mounting bolts:

guzzino_2263_88050863

The gear change should be a relatively simple matter of an extended linkage but the brake might be a bit more involved. Something like this:

DSC04542.JPG

Thanks! I'll definitely be looking into these

Being that I own one of the bikes and that they are more setup for a cruiser style I don't see rearsets being comfortable unless your under 5 foot 5

firebane said:
Being that I own one of the bikes and that they are more setup for a cruiser style I don't see rearsets being comfortable unless your under 5 foot 5

You're probably right. I have clip-ons on it right now, and its a stretch literally and figuratively. My thinking was that making the seating position a little closer to my sport bike would help, but the more I think about it the more I think it'll just shift all of my weight into my wrists making it harder to handle. Especially considering that the seat hight relative to the clip-ons is higher than my sport bike.

Back
Top Bottom