Yamaha TW200.. the swamp donkey

-3. Only thing worse than chugging creek water into the motor would be compressing it in at 8+ psi lol

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hurco550 said:
-3. Only thing worse than chugging creek water into the motor would be compressing it in at 8+ psi lol

Thats what snorkels are for!

I know this is a mongrel bike, but I couldn't help but to cash in on the gold rear rim and paint the front to match. I gambled on a "metallic gold" rattle can, and it matched up pretty well. I used drinking straws slit down the length to mask the spokes and the old playing card trick to mask off the tire. I'm happy with how it came out, especially for a dirtbike lol
ee88dd06fc56a366febd4014808b3ba6.jpg
b5430067e98c4a5f3adac8b4f8c0723b.jpg
7be8dcfc28a74e53a2349f383636b536.jpg
c3fe597ddb39af3494d9b829efe31393.jpg
c9f454fa1a0da69f6ffa62ec810c6e82.jpg
6289f145540b563d8cd2a272ef8290e5.jpg
cd22052c5e9fcbd40711d70b755eb491.jpg
d53b1d4bf75f0dee15937bd102c680ba.jpg

Wait, whaat? Well I’ll be dipped in shit. If that isn’t the trickest trick I’ve seen all month then I’ll be a monkey’s uncle. Loving your work man

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Levi is the only guy I know who'd paint over a royal flush!

Lookin' great, brother!

Thanks gents. Turned out good enough for a dirtbike wheel that'll hopefully be covered in mud most of the time. If it were a show bike, you'd probably want to break it down and do it "right". Also not sure how well the paint will stick to the anodized wheel, but I guess we'll find out

The enviro nazis will soon be at your door! Should stick OK if you cleared over. Duplicolor wheel paint stayed on my Comstars through a tire change.

pidjones said:
The enviro nazis will soon be at your door! Should stick OK if you cleared over. Duplicolor wheel paint stayed on my Comstars through a tire change.
It's ok, I threw the paint cover straws in a creek that leads to a lake, not the ocean, so it'll be fine lol I didn't clear it... maybe I should. It'll cost me another $2.15 in straws and cards though...

He needs to make up for all the cool factor he lost when he decided NOT to make it a two stroke... sad, bigly

Edit: i mean just think how much cooler this thing would be with the smell of castor oil!

farmer92 said:
He needs to make up for all the cool factor he lost when he decided NOT to make it a two stroke... sad, bigly

Edit: i mean just think how much cooler this thing would be with the smell of castor oil!

It might be some kind of epidemic that's infecting DTT: A chromed out "rat bike" CB400F, a blinged out swamp donkey. Next thing you know somebody will be building a hard tail dual sport, or a '38 Indian Four Cafe bike w/ USD forks. Strange days on DTT indeed.

ridesolo said:
It might be some kind of epidemic that's infecting DTT: A chromed out "rat bike" CB400F, a blinged out swamp donkey. Next thing you know somebody will be building a hard tail dual sport, or a '38 Indian Four Cafe bike w/ USD forks. Strange days on DTT indeed.

That’s just because some days it’s way more fun to ride something through the mud then it is to polish something over and over again

ridesolo said:
somebody will be building a hard tail dual sport,

Dang it dude! No shit, THIS VERY THING was my next project, built around my spare 400-four engine and frame.

Cause cafe bikes are yesterdays news. ;)

Back
Top Bottom