Whatchacallit??????

images

reubenBrat.jpg

Army-Scout-1408369.jpg

B-8o-7uUwAE2O_Q.jpg:large

Had a brat like this on the weekend.....

img_1415.jpg

Seems to be the new trend to have the brat twice as long as the roll 8)

Cute answer, and even made me laugh some but, not exactly what I had in mind. Back when I started building in the '80's, there were cafe' bikes and everyone knew what that was. Today, you see all those names attached to what appears to be all kinds of bikes. Maybe that's why I can't get an appropriate answer. No one knows what they are building anymore.

OK......While I didn't read every word of every post in those two threads, what I did gather was that I wasn't that far off. Most don't know what they are building anymore and will attach whatever name they like to it. Again, back when I started building in the '80's, everyone knew what a cafe' racer was. "Trackers" were just coming around and they were based upon what you might see at a flat track race and a "Bobber" was more akin to a chopper than anything.

Today, it just seems like you just build what you want and call it what you want, whether it actually is that or not. I guess "builders" had to find new ways to market their "creations".

OK....question answered (as good as it will get anyway). Not looking to start any trouble.

Caf3racer said:
OK......While I didn't read every word of every post in those two threads, what I did gather was that I wasn't that far off. Most don't know what they are building anymore and will attach whatever name they like to it. Again, back when I started building in the '80's, everyone knew what a cafe' racer was. "Trackers" were just coming around and they were based upon what you might see at a flat track race and a "Bobber" was more akin to a chopper than anything.

Today, it just seems like you just build what you want and call it what you want, whether it actually is that or not. I guess "builders" had to find new ways to market their "creations".

OK....question answered (as good as it will get anyway). Not looking to start any trouble.

Yeah - I guess that kinda sums it up. Build something and call it everything ;D

It's a bit like how if you had a sports bike you wrecked on you'd sell it as a streetfighter....

I guess when I get my latest project done, I'll start a new style and call it a "Rocker". (as opposed to a "Mod")

Remember, that's where "cafe' racer" came from, the "Rockers", as opposed to the "Mods", that rode Vespa scooters with all kinds of mirrors and headlights.

scooterwharf.jpg

Caf3racer said:
I guess when I get my latest project done, I'll start a new style and call it a "Rocker". (as opposed to a "Mod")

Sorry Calf3racer. No disrespect intended. It's just that most of the folks that have been around here for a while have been down this road a few times already. We don't have the energy to do it all again, just to come to the same conclusions. :eek:

:)

Redbird said:

Quite brilliant actually! ;D

:)

B541Niner said:
Great movie.

who-1.jpg

Yup. :)

Drewski said:
Sorry Calf3racer. No disrespect intended. It's just that most of the folks that have been around here for a while have been down this road a few times already. We don't have the energy to do it all again, just to come to the same conclusions. :eek:

None taken. I wasn't trying to say "this is what this is called and that is what that is called." I was just wondering what a representative example of each genre would look like now. I know what the old names use to mean and look like.

So......Am I pretty close in the take away that nowadays you can call pretty much any kind of style anything you want?

Caf3racer said:
None taken. I wasn't trying to say "this is what this is called and that is what that is called." I was just wondering what a representative example of each genre would look like now. I know what the old names use to mean and look like.

So......Am I pretty close in the take away that nowadays you can call pretty much any kind of style anything you want?

Well, in an age where relativism seems to be the dominant doctrine, that's about what you should expect. :eek:

Caf3racer said:

Remember, that's where "cafe' racer" came from, the "Rockers", as opposed to the "Mods", that rode Vespa scooters with all kinds of mirrors and headlights.

scooterwharf.jpg

Maybe you should call it a Mocker.

Back
Top Bottom