CB750 vacuum hoses!

manahmana

Soooo... Thought I'd get a jump on this. Haven't been able to find anything to help me out. Cleaning up a DOHC CB750. I dumped the stock airbox and will bolt on mikuni carbs and pods. What the heck do I do with these vacuum hoses (pic1) ? Do they serve any function without the airbox?

Also as I was stripping all the scum and dirt off I kind of like the brushed aluminum look (pic2) any good suggestions on preserving? This bike will never sniff the rain but I don't know if it will eventually oxidize on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_5514.JPG
    IMG_5514.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 209
  • IMG_5515.JPG
    IMG_5515.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 213
They’re crankcase vent hoses. You can do, or rather should do one of two things. Put small pods on the openings or get a oil catch can and run it into them. Either way you want some type of filtration on them to keep water and dirt from going into your crankcase. Also, it will oxidize on its own.

esmoojee said:
They’re crankcase vent hoses. You can do, or rather should do one of two things. Put small pods on the openings or get a oil catch can and run it into them. Either way you want some type of filtration on them to keep water and dirt from going into your crankcase. Also, it will oxidize on its own.

Got it! Appreciate the info. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

You’re welcome, good luck. If you want to keep the raw aluminum look just shoot it with a hi temp matte clear coat.

esmoojee said:
You’re welcome, good luck. If you want to keep the raw aluminum look just shoot it with a hi temp matte clear coat.

What esmojee said. Or, depending on how big an object money is to you, you can clear powder coat or anodize.

Back
Top Bottom