Cb550 idle screw adjustment not even close

bergers

Hey guys, just got my carbs all back together after cleaning and polishing. I was getting ready bench sync, when I realized my idle screw doesn't touch the aluminum arm for the throttle, even when maxed out. Although it was a few months ago, I'm pretty sure it was like that before I took it apart too. Not really sure what I can adjust to change this, or maybe its always this way until its on the bike with cables run? Any help is appreciated.

Attachments

• 20160819_133136.jpg
    20160819_133136.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 283
  • 20160819_133118.jpg
    20160819_133118.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 250
I should also add that the aluminum arms are lined up with the woodruff keys, and the other two bolts are positioned on the flat spots of the shaft

If the linkages are correct, I'd assume you messed something up when putting the slides back in. There's an order and some fiddly bits in there. If you have them in wrong and they springs aren't pushing them "up" (allowing them to sit down) the slides will sit UP and you will have a bad day when you start it!

Can you take a picture of what the slides look like from the intake side of the carbs?

I messed with it a few hours and took all of the slide assemblies apart to make sure the needles were at the right height and the arms were assembled probably. After putting it all back together it was still unchanged. After looking at pictures of the carbs when I took them off the bike, the sync screws needed to be turned way out to where they were before to bring all of the slides up into the range they're supposed to be. Thanks for the help though

Back
Top Bottom