A new design for custom cast tank emblems

Jesse Lee

As the title states, I'm working on a new design for custom tank emblems. I want to make a permanent mold for these out of aluminum and then cast the emblems in pewter. A permanent mold would allow me to produce these much faster and they would need much less finishing work, but making a permanent mold will be quite a process. Before I get too carried away here, I thought I'd try to get some feedback from you fellas...

For those of you who may not have seen these, and to give you a better idea of the finish, here's some emblems I've previously sand cast in pewter:
IMG_0154_zpsed337169.jpg

Here's my latest brainstorm:
kamikazeproject21_zpscbca94f8.jpg

This is a "rough draft"... I would widen the outer band to better match the thickness of the letters, and the letters/outer band would be raised and highly polished to a mirror like finish. The recessed area would have a patina applied to it to give it a near black color, it could also be painted to match the color of the tank. I suppose you're probably wondering what the writing means... It translates to "divine wind" or "god wind"... pronounced "kamikaze"... that's right, like as in kamikaze pilot... I think this is quite appropriate being "in the wind" on a Japanese "suicide machine" ;D I've been considering a biohazard symbol emblem as well... also very appropriate for the application.

So... What say you? Good idea?... So/so idea?... A complete waste of my time?...

Back
Top Bottom