Bent kickstart shaft. 76 CB360

ryan_289

It looks like someone a lot bigger than me jumped down on my kick starter. The shaft is bent and it is cracked where the bolt cutout is. It does still work but I might as well fix it now. It looks like I will have to split the case on this unit afterall. I looked at the service manual but was hoping that someone here has some photos or maybe there is a video floating around that documents this a little better? I was going to do a top end on this engine, should I do it all at the same time or open the bottom end up first with the top end still put together?

Anyone have a good used one?

ryan_289 said:
It looks like someone a lot bigger than me jumped down on my kick starter. The shaft is bent and it is cracked where the bolt cutout is. It does still work but I might as well fix it now. It looks like I will have to split the case on this unit afterall. I looked at the service manual but was hoping that someone here has some photos or maybe there is a video floating around that documents this a little better? I was going to do a top end on this engine, should I do it all at the same time or open the bottom end up first with the top end still put together?

Anyone have a good used one?

I'm 99% sure that you can remove the kickstart shaft from within the right hand case cover. But its been a while since I've been into the 360.

Edit: Nevermind, you do have to split the cases to replace the shaft. Here's a pic from my rebuild:

7d1afdcb8fbd3aa56c3b46a83cee0113.jpg

In any case, do it all at once. Tear the whole thing down, bag everything up, send out your cylinders etc to machine shop, then put it all back together at once.

Back
Top Bottom