What's the best advice you have heard...

you can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't roll your friends into a little ball between your thumb and forefinger and flick them.

My Dad used to tell me "The best way to avoid an accident is: Don't be there when it happens". I miss that guy :(

And one of my favs...
"The key to immortality is first living a life worth remembering" ~ Bruce Lee

Motorbikes......"Always remember - when you're riding you're invisible"

Women......."Doesn't matter how good looking she is - someone, somewhere is tired of her shit"

"kiss a little baby
give the world a smile
and if you take an inch
give back a mile"
john prine lyrics. good advice.

Re: Re: What's the best advice you have heard...

go mama! said:
"kiss a little baby
give the world a smile
and if you take an inch
give back a mile"
john prine lyrics. good advice.

I ended up with "all my friends turned out to be insurance salesmen" somehow

4eyes said:
That's one of my favorites. Another:
Ladies first isn't just about opening doors and pulling out chairs. ;) :-* :p

Can't remember the movie but...
"Sex is like eating at a chinese restaurant, dinner isn't over until you both get your cookie"

If in doubt.......................................don't
If your big enough to get yourself into trouble, you had better be big enough to get yourself out of it (my mother used to say those to all the kids - real regular)
Another of her favorites, "You've got to sleep................................................sometime" (usually when old man or brother had been 'on the Guinness' and got belligerent ;) )

Dad
"boy come ere you want to know what i had kids for?"
Me as a 8 year old
why

dad
i know there would be a day when i would need a beer and not want to get up

Me (disappointed looking down at the floor)

Dad "you need a map hurry up"

Respect ie earned, not given.
If you want tye respect of your peers and subordinates you first need to show respect to them.

as well: you don't need to be friends to respect someone, but never be friends with someone you don't respect.

there's a thin line between being all-knowing and being a know-it-all

Another from my grandfather:

"Use it up, wear it out, make do, or do without."

After living through the Great Depression, I think he was rather shocked by and ashamed of our generation's everything is disposable attitude- and it is only getting worse. Maybe that's why I/we like bringing the used up and worn out back to life . . .

"Tough to sue the welders ass, when you did the critical welds...."

Guy came into our shop today. I told him to ride safe out there. His response was: "I ride my motorcycle like half of the people don't see me, and the other half want me dead."

Back
Top Bottom