Rain proofing a plastic visor?

You mean on your helmet? I use the back of my glove :)

Not sure of any products out there. Would have liked a bit of rain-shedding when I rode for 10 hours in the rain into Knoxville last fall.

i know most of you are going to skoff at this, but i use slipstream wax, stuff they use on airplanes... its nice because it beads and flys off easy, but it requires maintenance. def do not use rain x.

brewtown16 said:
i know most of you are going to skoff at this, but i use slipstream wax, stuff they use on airplanes... its nice because it beads and flys off easy, but it requires maintenance. def do not use rain x.

I used to be a line tech years ago and heard of the stuff-where do you pick it up? I thought of just using plain old car wax.

Kev Nemo said:
I used to be a line tech years ago and heard of the stuff-where do you pick it up? I thought of just using plain old car wax.

well, my grandfather used to own a CarQuest in chicago Il a few years back, and practically the whole family worked there. they used to sell it.... BUT, i have seen it at walmart... its expensive, but the best wax ive ever used.... its nice for the visor because dirt, rain, small children, all just wipe right off of the thing. but, i do strip it off and re-apply once a week during riding season, just to keep it going and nice.

Back
Top Bottom