Wives & Girl Friends, damn, gotta love 'em

Terry

Been Around the Block
I'm been reading alot here about bikes that wives or girl friends have bought for their guys. Mine is the same way, she gets stuff that has no relationship to the bike I'm building right now, but damn!!! I wonder if it's some kind of plot. I must admit it keeps me out of the bars and she always knows where to find me, either in the garage or trying out some new thing I've done to the bike (cell phones are an evil thing). She knows where I keep the keys to the truck and where the ramps are stored, I swear THEY KNOW!! Weird, I believe they're aliens out for world domination throught mechanical means and parts. Although I'm pretty sure "The Fire Down Below" has something to do with this! Mine is particularly dangerous, she knows how to handle a nail gun, has a complete set of Craftsman Sockets in metric and SAE, a two car garage, even a metric and SAE tap and die set, Oh God, I think I'm hooked.
Terry
J'ville, Fl.

LOL... interesting perspective...
Im always saying.."Hey...its just another bike Im bring home... not another woman!!.."... ;D

i am lucky enough to have a wife who graduated from Wyotech, and is the service manager at a KTM, Polaris, Victory dealership. she used to work for bridgestone/firestone and i guarantee she knows more about tires than any of you. :) i have a wife who understands grease under the fingernails, loves the smell of gas and also came with her own tools. my christmas present two years ago was a limited edition matco Ed Roth "Rat Fink" tool cart. she loves driving her truck, but complains that it isn't tall enough. she is also petite, blond and beautiful. she wants our kids, (eventually), to ride dirt bikes, but i am pushing for Karting. did i mention i got the hook up on bike parts and any accessory i can think of? she isn't just a dream come true, she is much more than i could have ever imagined.

ya this may sound cheesey and too good to be true, but i wake up to it everyday. gotta love her.

later,

ryan

well, seeing how the woman i loved so much left me about 6 months ago, (debbie downer noise) the bike has been a great tool in helping me stay busy.
the only thing i really can say, is that a bike is better than a woman. it always wants to be ridden, pushed harder and faster, and you put it away hot and and asking for more. 8) lol

brewtown16 said:
well, seeing how the woman i loved so much left me about 6 months ago, (debbie downer noise) the bike has been a great tool in helping me stay busy.
the only thing i really can say, is that a bike is better than a woman. it always wants to be ridden, pushed harder and faster, and you put it away hot and and asking for more. 8) lol

Sorry to hear that Brewtown16! I could feel your pain through the screen. :'(

You other guys are fortunate indeed! ;D My wife is great,. No. Make that, THE GREATEST! But she just can't seem to figure out why I need more than 1 old bike!! She'll never see things the same way I do! :( :( :( Not just bikes. Sports. Beer. Just name it. It's the Venus vs. Mars thing I guess. :D :D

I'd guess there are more experiencing my 'reality' compared to Ryan and Terry's! ;)

Right now I only have a 2 car garage, but my wife lets me bring home as many crappy old bikes as I want. As long as she can still park on her side. Not only that, but she bought me my first "new" bike. She wanted me to have something more reliable to ride when I go out of state.

Love??? not always true, but funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJrM8alxz74 volume up

HA! Love the clip!
My wifey's fine with my hobby...er obsession. Just last week she wanted to ride 800 miles with me round trip to pick up a 75 gl1000. However, she's not quite as cool as some of your ladies. If my bike(s) takes up too much of my home time, she's quick to lay the smack down. Nowadays she just opens the door to the garage and gives me "the look" and I know at that moment that my decision is booty or bike.... and I'd like to say that bike wins sometimes.... but in that fight the booty always wins. I'm so ashamed...
DON'T LOOK AT ME

1967. Me, the Norton, and the girlfriend.

img268eb1.jpg

By weslake at 2008-11-10

2008, Sept. Same Norton, same girfriend, now the long suffering wife.

img0860zv2.jpg

By weslake, shot with Canon PowerShot A430 at 2008-11-07

What more do I want?

johnson_steve said:
Been there, done that. Sued the bitch for custody and won. now the boy and I can work on our bikes in peace.

STEVE FOR THE WIN!
wait, bikes plural? you got the little dude a bike? :D

brewtown16 said:
STEVE FOR THE WIN!
wait, bikes plural? you got the little dude a bike? :D

Yep, the little guy (5yrs old) has his own little chopper project. the frame is a modified schwin stingray (one of those chopper bicycles) and the motor is off an e100 electric razor scooter. with 3 SLA batteries and a pwm controller it should be pretty quick. (~12mph) he's even doing some of the welding.

Back
Top Bottom