Best place to live..... for motorcycling

isolato

Been Around the Block
where in the world would you live, just to pursue your passion for motorcycling. speaking for myself, the important features would be... 1. annual weather (sun, temp) 2. fun roads (senic, sporty) 3. cool destinations (eatery's, drinkery's, activities, etc.) And, let's just say you have the same job/cash, so money is not an object. just curious. :-\

Anywhere in Europe. Lots of places to ride, different languages, mountains, the coast, warm weather when you want it etc. etc. etc.

Or the South Western states. Not as far as California - I like to be more central so I can go in any direction I want.

I'm with Dr.J, definatly southern california, tons of places to ride to, the beach, the mountains, the desert, el mirage, up the coast, down the coast to Mexico. Year round riding weather, lots of like minded people to hang out with. But then youd have to live in Southern California. :mad:

Austin,TX must have something over Southern California since half the population lives here now! ;D

i would live in Italy :)

no way i would live in california, i cant have my guns and i know my car would not pass there emissions test, i run headers and worn out glass packs on my trans am

Tim said:
Anywhere in Europe. Lots of places to ride, different languages, mountains, the coast, warm weather when you want it etc. etc. etc....

Amen brother... with the Nurnberg ring in the middle of everything :)

I live in Southern California. The weather is nice. the chicks are hot, the roads are fun, places are cool... BUT..... SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TRAFFIC SUCKS!! You have to be VERY carefull or some nut will get you on the freeway.

I havnt lived in too many places so i really dont know...

SoCal definitely for weather. Thats the main reason I'm here. Traffic sucks especially in L.A. I live about 60 miles from downtown L.A. and even out here we get the commuters. I would love to be able to live in the Isle of Man for the summer and here for the winter. But the summers here are great. I love heat and hate being cold. My brother-in-law lives a few hours north of Toronto. Talked to him a couple of weeks ago and he was saying that it was -20 c.!!!!!! How the hell do you live in weather like that??? Your nuts would fall off or disappear so far up you'd look like you had three adams apples!

No. I'll stay where I am. 120f. at El Mirage in July beats -20c any day.

El Mirage July last year 7:45a.m
img0746um8.jpg

By weslake, shot with Canon PowerShot A430 at 2009-01-10

the traffic here in LA can definately be hectic. I live in santa monica, by the beach, but its still pretty congested. I also ride to Hollywood alot for meetings, work and stuff. Being a daily driver, i always remind myself, everytime I get on my bike I need to stay super focused and sharp, theres a lot of morons drivin around, not paying attention......but then theres special days I hop on the PCH, head up the beautiful, twisty canyons, get to the top, and look out at the most amazing view and it sure makes it all worth it.{and the weather sure doesnt suck}

so cal does have just about the best weather, but i would stay outta the valley. TO north (or west depending on how you want to look at it) up to SLO.

i could also deffinately see myself riding around the big island of hawaii. perfect for me.

europe would be the best, excpet for that language thing. i guess thats part of the adventure though. oh, and the food. have you guys seen the show that dennis gage does on speed channel. not the classic car one, the one where he and his son ride around on some of the hottest bikes around, for free. even my wife likes that show.

later,

ryan

I lived in Carlsbad (San Diego County) that is the best place in my opinion. I now live in Denver and have to accept the fact I'm not leaving anytime soon. With that said I don't mind riding in the Rockies. ;D

I'm with Tim, Europe. To be able to hop one your bike and an hour later be in a different country with a different culture and lifestyle must be amazing. I love history too, so to be able to ride to all these different historic places would be amazing.

Although, maybe Japan too. Not sure what the riding is like over there, but just to be in the homeland of Kawasaki and Nissan would be inspiring :D

I lived in L.A. for 2 years- got out ASAP.
NorCal and up into WA state is really really nice. Different kinds of roads, good vintage scene, good weather, good coffee...
Now I'm in the SouthEast; Knoxville has a great bike scene going on (Time Warp Club), the roads in West Virginia down through to Georgia are wondrous -and way less traffic and police. You do have traffic hazzards like wild turkeys and cars crossing the double yellow, though. The Atlanta area has lots of bike shops like Blue Moon and Boxerworks and motorcycle only camping.

Not much in the way of jobs around here, though...

Austin TX. Great music, bars, shops, weather, and unlike most of the state of texas, you dont have to be a republican cowboy.... ;D
Havent gotten down there yet, but have friends who ride that live there and they couldnt be happier.

Mach-5(50) said:
so cal does have just about the best weather, but i would stay outta the valley. TO north (or west depending on how you want to look at it) up to SLO.

i could also deffinately see myself riding around the big island of hawaii. perfect for me.

dude!....I spent a few weeks in Kona, on the big island of hawaii, surfing, and my buddy I was staying with had an old 500 enduro and an old 750 shadow. Driving around that island was AMAZING....not a bad view anywhere{and no helmet law, which was interesting}
Rob

i wouldnt mind south carolina (southern half). its cheaper than california and the people are nicer. also, its a short hop to the tropical areas, and big race tracks.

brewtown16 said:
i wouldnt mind south carolina (southern half). its cheaper than california and the people are nicer. also, its a short hop to the tropical areas, and big race tracks.

Dude! No love for the Northern part? At least we have some mountains. :)

Back
Top Bottom