Anyone tried this?

teazer

Over 10,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
I came across this little gem today on my search for something completely different. I was looking at those GP style curved megaphone type mufflers for an OP's project and found Dan-moto.com

http://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/aprilia-rsv4-gp-extreme-product-638.html
At that price it's almost too good to be true, but they are all over youtube.

And then I spotted this neat little compact cluster.
http://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/danmoto-180-digital-cockpit-product-389.html

276fe22d123b1f12438007ee16f2a0f4.image.550x550.jpg

And they have new sets of rearsets at crazy prices too.
http://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/suzuki-wholesale-147_149.html

I have no idea what the quality is like or how long it takes to ship from China and that's what made me wonder if anyone had tried them.

With that thread title I was expecting so much more. Some fire, a ramp, something. Your screen name now makes sense.

Teazer the cans seem to get great reviews, a buddy of mine has that instrument dash on his custom bike too and it's an amazing bit of kit, especially given the price!

CrescentSon said:
With that thread title I was expecting so much more. Some fire, a ramp, something. Your screen name now makes sense.

LOL. Not exactly. My screen name was because I used to race a TZ. But you are right about the attention grabbing title. I spend too much time with sales and marketing guys. :)

I really like that cluster. Saving that one for the future...

Using one of these danmoto's on mine

4e2bc4644fb3aeb3e58eb8a2a27355da.image.550x550.jpg

Basically a copy of an Acewell but with less functions, the quality and feel is not as good as the acewell but its half the price.

Considering getting some of their clip ons
36b10319f35e80fbe4b28ddf4e565a35.image.549x550.jpg

Would appreciate any comments on their quality if anyone has seen or handled them

Seen posts on other forums about Danmotos products and they have got more good reviews than bad.

Some of the guys on the Monster forums bought their exhausts. http://www.dan-moto.com/DM_INT/monster-696-796-1100-all-years-carbon-gp-product-325.html The initial ones had issues with the fiber material inside the mufflers, but they've since been fixed. If I can't get the Leo Vince's, I'm getting these. Too bad no rearsets for the Ducati.

Tifun said:
How visible is it under direct sunlight??? This is extremely tempting.

Sorry, forgot about this thread. It was very visible in direct sunlight. Zero complaints about this product

That's good to hear. I picked one up a month or so ago. It's still in my pile 'o' parts, waiting for me to get started on my CB500 freshen up.

Was definitely considering DanMoto's for my older CBR, they sound good and the welds don't look too bad either. My only worry would be long term quality - how're they going to be looking after 5 years or so?

Anywho the gauges look nice, I dig the Acewell style one a lot!

- boingk

EDIT: Oh yeah I'd highly recommend buying the baffle insert for their exhausts as well or they may be obnoxiously loud. I've heard some unbaffled examples that were... unpleasant.

Got mine mounted on the CB500. This was attractive to me as I'm running a CB650 engine in a CB500 frame. The 650 tach drive isn't the same ratio as the 500 tach. I could run a CB650 or CB750 tach, but they're much larger than the gauges that come on the early CB500.
This solves that problem and really cleans up the area around the handle bars.

P4010062Small_zpsa4d91123.jpg

I've got it all wired up and everything seems to work Lights are nice and bright. I haven't been able to test the tach yet, as the engine isn't running (have some wiring work to do in order to make the 650 fit the 500 wiring harness). I also have to mount the Hall sensor and change the speedo to MPH.
I'll report back when I'm done. (pic is a little blurry because I had to turn off the flash)

P4050066Small_zpsf785819d.jpg

I have everything working but the tach. It works, but reads high.

I found this on a Ducati site:

"The Tach need a 10K ohm 1/2 watt resistor inline for it to work and connect to the negative tab of the coil. Very easy. Resistor can be had at Radio Shack 5 or $3."

Does this sound right? I'm using it on a CB650 with dual output coils/wasted spark ignition.
There isn't really a negative side of the coils, right? One prong gets the signal from the points (electronic ignition in my case) and the other is fed power from the keyed switch.
Which would you use?

Do I just cut the wire coming from the gauge for the tach signal and solder in the resistor?

Back
Top Bottom