Indiana title experience? Dual purpose?

C

cory.ahlersmeyer

There was a time when Indiana had a "dual purpose" registration where dirt bikes and the like could be registered and issued a title (though they never had one from the factory) and deemed usable on the roads. Did this go away?

Couldn't one just put on the required DOT equip and use a title service like out of Vermont and get a transferable registration and thus its loosely road legal?

Anyone have experience on this?

I used motorecycle.com for my CB450 that had a lost title and it worked just fine.... granted that was a street legal bike to begin with...

I am unsure about any dual purpose bikes as I've never personally titled one of those for road/street use before but I have titled probably over 20 bikes in the last 4 years that I bought without titles in Indiana and it is so simple its stupid. I posted this in this forum before and can be seen here: http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=41705.msg457144#msg457144
Comment or PM me if you need more info. I do it all the time. Should be no different for your dual purpose bikes.

Back
Top Bottom