DO THE TON Mama Tried V Oct 2014 - Barber Vintage Festival

Has anyone ever volunteered as a Paddock Marshal at the Barber track in the past? Is this simply standing in the sun for 5 hours directing traffic and pedestrians? Hmmm....

My bike for this year will have soul
and shoe laces
My other bike decided to stay home

plagrone said:
Got my tickets! Really worried I'm not gonna get the bike done on time.

Welcome to my world!
Seems like even with all of the planning and even getting a little help there are always set backs.

same here on the bike rushing. Still gotta rebuild front brakes, clean chain, get rear wheel on, and turn signals. Working on the forks revealed slightly bent forks....But a mans gotta ride. Time to pop a cold one and hustle

Hey Tim, will it be the same set up as last year? In regards to DTT member area/parking?

plagrone said:
Got my tickets! Really worried I'm not gonna get the bike done on time.
SONIC. said:
Join the club 8)

We should get patches made...

I'm gonna be there. If I got to bring the truck... But man I want to ride in! Starting to think I'm retarded to think I can ride a wholly untested bike 100 miles there especially when it's still a ways from done. And on mx tires..

dieselchanic said:
We should get patches made...

I'm gonna be there. If I got to bring the truck...
I'm trucking it in and leaving the bike at home. You won't be alone if you do. I'm only there for one day, and as much as I want to ride it, four hours to and fro is probably not the best idea just for the day. So I'll fly by Ram and make it in 3.

deviant said:
I'm trucking it in and leaving the bike at home. You won't be alone if you do. I'm only there for one day, and as much as I want to ride it, four hours to and fro is probably not the best idea just for the day. So I'll fly by Ram and make it in 3.

I can only be there for about half a day so it's stupid to ride really, but I've missed most of the riding season for lack of a runner and want to do it.

At any rate, if you guys spot my nasty ragged cb750, stop and say hello. If I'm not there just sign the tank. :D

I've been to lots of gtg's in my truck. It sucks, but better to be there, than not! 8) Riding in will be sweet when it finally does happen. 8)

We're kinda doing both. Trailering bikes to the hotel and riding to the track from there! :D

Bringing the bike i didn't have done for last year, and figured i would have two more ready for this year. Thats not going to happen so just the one.

Tim Burke said:
Has anyone ever volunteered as a Paddock Marshal at the Barber track in the past? Is this simply standing in the sun for 5 hours directing traffic and pedestrians? Hmmm....

Tim that is pretty much all you do is stand on that hot asphalt and check paddock badges and passes.
Unless it is cold this year then you are standing in the cold on asphalt. ;-)

cklamer said:
Tim that is pretty much all you do is stand on that hot asphalt and check paddock badges and passes.
Unless it is cold this year then you are standing in the cold on asphalt. ;-)
Hmmmm I may need to rethink two five hour shifts of that crap. I travel too far to waste precious Barber time. Hmmm

Sent from my freaking iPhone using freaking Tapatalk

Well, 1 week from tonight I won't be getting much sleep. :D

Can pretty much taste it now! 8)

Back
Top Bottom