Just picked up a CB450 (build thread-still nameless)

Just figured i'd throw another quick update shot in here...build has really slow going due to time constraints. Anyways, the tank is primed and the pipes are painted black. Nothing too exciting, but at least this is an up to date shot!

20120524_133308.jpg

My bike did not have external springs. This is a 72...my dad owns a 69 and his also does not have externals. Im not going to end up using gaters again, but just a dust cover over the seal area.

fuzzynguyen said:
I'm working on a cb450 too. When you removed your fork gators was there an external spring? Did you just remove it?

CB450s didnt have external springs, but if they did you can not just remove them because they would be holding the bike up

Nemo- its a RocCityCafe Daytona seat. I highly recommend using Sean, he's a great guy and his work is stellar

i think that cb450 looked pretty cool stock even. I would shave that seat pad about an inch and a half to accentuate the hump. just my 2c

cb450cf said:
wow! how are those pipes working for you? Where'd you get the tubes?

In all honesty i cant comment on HOW the pipes are working. I just finished them a month or so ago. I have to get some paint on the tank and seat before i take it for a ride. I bought a builders kit from mandrel-bends.com, cut and welded some pipes together (and a dash of luck) and voila! Used VHT2000 paint to coat em.

axeugene27 said:
i think that cb450 looked pretty cool stock even. I would shave that seat pad about an inch and a half to accentuate the hump. just my 2c

Yea it looked OK stock, but too upright for me. If i want to ride a stock CB450 i will take my dads for a cruise lol! I had the seat pad made by a local guy who does boat seats. If it ends up being to tall i will have to figure something out.

Today was fork rebuild day...I got rid of the stock fork gaters and mounted some headlight ears also. Wouldn't ya know that the headlight and the aftermarket turn signals are the same thread pitch! So I used the turn signals as the headlight mounting bolts. I did use the lock washer and nut also to keep things snug. Anyway here's a few shots to keep this thread alive

c6e4c80f-d3e1-6308.jpg

c6e4c80f-d40f-5faa.jpg

c6e4c80f-d42c-50ce.jpg

I apologize for the crappy cell pix.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Today was paint day. I had almost a full gallon of paint left over from when I banged up a few panels on my 92 GMC...so I chose to go with that color. Its a slight metallic blue. Here's a shot of the tank right after paint...sorry for the shitty lighting and cell fone pic.

c6e4c819-e30f-95cb.jpg

I figure ill let the paint cure for a few days before I reassemble.

Thanx fer looking.

Well...I couldn't wait. Woke up today and decided to put her back together! So here she is...all painted and back in one piece.

c6e4c81e-f8af-8f39.jpg

c6e4c81e-f8c6-9dae.jpg

Looks sweet! I dig the front signal placement, makes me want to go check mine... And my, oh my, does that seat look comfy!

Thanks! I had a guy who does boat seats make me that one...unfortunately i havent had a chance to ride it yet with that seat...i'll let ya know how it is once i fuel it up and go for a cruise.

if you still have your original seat pan id love to take it off your hands! pm me or email jspresso@gmail.com

Doctavee...I do have rear sets...I have to check if I have the seat pan. Someone asked for it last week. If the deal falls thru I'll let ya know.

Just got me some clipons...the clubmans i found to be a bit uncomfy after a while...so i'll try these on for size. I also think it looks a lot cleaner than the clubmans did.
Here's a few pix as proof lol!
clipons1.jpg

clipons2.jpg

clipons3.jpg

My newish R5 project is there on the right...hopefully it'll be time for a build thread for that bike this winter.

Well im happy to say that the clipons are more comfortable than the clubmans they replaced. Went out for about 1.5 hours before and i could tell almost immediately that i was happier with my choice! It looks better too ;D

Back
Top Bottom