CB360 project

Made a LOT of progress lately

Frame was sandblasted and painted

c9d524c309f48e79348eefa71e0ccbaf.jpg

b6b10d400a32813b6cadd403b18c9deb.jpg

bbafc847edfb60cc167f65696ff76e67.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Suspension and wheels put on the bike. She's a roller!

a6b537c212dffa42af09ce3aa317b8e6.jpg

Front brake caliper rebuilt and painted. I also got a speed bleeder valve. I have a feeling I'm going to love having that. May need to put one in the cbr600 master cylinder I now have on the bike. I'm waiting on a new 90 degree brake line fitting in the mail and then I can add brake fluid

9bf9817e87c164bfacdfa17067da5051.jpg

Installed the motor with a hand from my dad and girlfriend. I don't have a picture of the install but there was a good bit of painters tape involved.

6cfa1173e966b74a198e48bfbbd8e16d.jpg

Got my heavy duty clutch springs in. I didn't realize they were going to be a different size. I hope that's intentional and not the wrong part. If someone could chime in I'd appreciate it. The new springs are the larger ones. Also, does anyone know the torque specs for the spring bolts? I couldn't find them in the manual.

021aa4f9ea4e183e18bf744f76fe541c.jpg

Got my new drive chain on. What a beautiful thing. I almost want to remove the rear sprocket guard so you can see it better! I couldn't find a chain the right length so I ordered long and bought a chain breaker tool. What a handy little device.

5e08276722348a6cfd7af1c4971e1a9d.jpg

Torque spec for those bolts is about 10 ft/lb. If you don't see a torque value for something just go by another value for the same size bolts in the manual.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Use generic torque spec for 6mm bolt. Probably 7~9ft/lbs but really should be done in inch/pounds (84~96 in/lb)
Where did you get clutch springs?
Generally they come in two versions depending on manufacturer.
Either much longer with same amount of coils or slightly shorter with much thicker wire and less coils
It does make a massive difference to bike, pretty much all 60's~80's Honda's have marginal clutch spring pressure and need an upgrade

They're EBC springs. Longer with same amount of coils. Sounds like they're correct. Thanks guys!

Pj, the carbs arrived in the mail today. Thanks so much for your help with them!

Cool stuff.
Try not to hurt yourself when it's finished, launching around 6K it's quicker than people think

After about 6 months searching, an upgraded oil pickup appeared on eBay. So I snagged it right up. Just had time today to put it in and take a couple pics. You can see the difference in how low the upgraded sump goes compared to the old stock one.

115117c7f5ae3f32fa7f9430c2e72ade.jpg

42497dc5fb5ec3fe4f29f8bb662091c9.jpg

thrillseeker said:
After about 6 months searching, an upgraded oil pickup appeared on eBay. So I snagged it right up. Just had time today to put it in and take a couple pics. You can see the difference in how low the upgraded sump goes compared to the old stock one.

Somebody needs to start making aftermarket CJ pickups, they're getting tough to find.

adventurco said:
Somebody needs to start making aftermarket CJ pickups, they're getting tough to find.
this is the truth. Just 3 years ago, eBay would have several at all times.. Now just one or two per year.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Yeah I had a watch set up on eBay for the past 6 months. A ton of CB style pickups but no Cj style. I started to wonder if I would ever find one. Then bam, there one was.

I wonder if the bottom cover part could be made with a 3D printer and popped over the CB pickup

I thought about posting a pic of the brand new still in original boxes of 360 air filters I bought about 6 years ago on eBay. $20 each I'm remembering. When I bought my bike and was first tuning it up to run. Bone stock before making any mods.

Those were the days!

thrillseeker said:
Yeah I had a watch set up on eBay for the past 6 months. A ton of CB style pickups but no Cj style. I started to wonder if I would ever find one. Then bam, there one was.

I wonder if the bottom cover part could be made with a 3D printer and popped over the CB pickup

Actually, that's a good idea. I could 3D print a prototype but the final product would have to be cast, maybe aluminum or an alloy, and then the flow tubes from the CB pickup could be welded back on...hmm maybe the next time I do an oil change...

adventurco said:

Stock pickup is fine as long as you don't have bike idling when laying on it's side and oil level is at least half way between marks.
The 'problem' wa owners who had heavily cambered streets, only used side stand and never checked oi levell (basically, Honda kept making bikes more 'idiot proof)
The service bulletin says pretty much the exact same reason for the change. The cam chain tensioner mod was also due to owners not doing any maintainance. Both types can fail but only the early type can make engine 'lock up'

Back
Top Bottom