The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

buckeyebike said:
Would love to find one of these . . . cool little bike. How about painting the frame black? Then some alloy wheels ;)

They do come in a black frame, I contemplated getting the black frame and painting the silver parts black too. Even matt black...

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=43357.0;attach=86362;image

I'll give that a try next time I fill up.

I removed the kick stand kill switch yesterday, I like to warm up before I set off without having to sit on the bike. I know there are probably safety reasons why it is there but I just found it annoying!

ChrisBNE said:
I removed the kick stand kill switch yesterday …

I disconnected the switch before I rode it the first time; I don't like clutch switches either.

I don't think anyone forgets to raise the sidestand more than once!

Crazy

I was wondering what those leads I connected into the clutch were, so they are cut outs too? Under what circumstances does it cut out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

From what I remember, it's so you can pull the clutch in to operate the electric-leg while in gear.

Anyway it was something pretty useless, especially now that the starter has been removed!

Crazy

ChrisBNE said:
I removed the kick stand kill switch yesterday, I like to warm up before I set off without having to sit on the bike. I know there are probably safety reasons why it is there but I just found it annoying!

stroker crazy said:
I disconnected the switch before I rode it the first time; I don't like clutch switches either.

Crazy

Which genius thought it was a good idea not to be able to run the bike on the sidestand?

Anyways thanks for that, 1 less thing to catch me out when she gets here ;o)

So is it a simple case of disconnecting or do you need to short out the loom side?

Thought occurs to me. I have a redundant Oil Pressure warning light on the Acewell, I could wire it via the sidestand switch to use as an idiot light for the stand

mikeyw64 said:
Which genius thought it was a good idea not to be able to run the bike on the sidestand?

Anyways thanks for that, 1 less thing to catch me out when she gets here ;o)

So is it a simple case of disconnecting or do you need to short out the loom side?

There is a 8mm bolt on the stand, which you take off, the switch and lead runs up through the bike and there is a simple plug to undo. I cut the lead because I could not be bothered reattaching a zip tie which holds the cable to the frame, then unplugged it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

In case anyone has missed it, there is an 'Ace' thread from a SteelCity member at http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=53083.0;topicseen.

He is a new rider with his first bike, starting of on the right foot!

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
In case anyone has missed it, there is an 'Ace' thread from a SteelCity member at http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=53083.0;topicseen.

He is a new rider with his first bike, starting of on the right foot!

Crazy

Thanks mate! Can't get enough of this thread too!

Hello Ace owners,

I'm hoping to join the ranks, but unsure if I will fit on the bike as there are no places to try them where I am (in Melbourne).

I'm 6' and 90kg. Jarrod, one of the other owners, has told me he is 6'2 and is happy with the bike, but I'm hoping to get some more feedback before I make the purchase. The size of the bike is the only thing holding me back.

If you're 6' or above, please let me know how you feel on the bike. I don't intend to ride it for very long distances (mostly 45min trips).

Thanks in advance,

Sean

Hi Sean, im just under 6 foot (181cm) and but i only weigh 60kg but size wise long rides are a bit tight on leg room, but thats true of a lot of sports bikes too. power wise, dont expect great acceleration on it and a few simple mods will get a bit more top speed (exhaust and sprocket)

Sean. (also in Victoria )

kwando said:
The size of the bike …

For short trips your height shouldn't be a problem, but those extra kilos won't help acceleration!

Sean (sprocket2cog that is) is correct about needing minor modification. Getting rid of the EGR and CAT and some re-jetting would be a minimum.

I'm under 6' so I haven't had any out-of-the-ordinary difficulty doing five to six hour riding days.

Keep us posted if you go ahead!

Crazy

stroker crazy said:

Crazy

I've witnessed 2 bad crashes in the past 4 years regarding this plus a handful of times where it was pointed out before the stand had a chance to touch down. It seems to be 2nd nature for me but from what I've seen, not so much for everyone! I think you are right though, once you've made the mistake once, you will tend to remember!
It's a great safety for a newb! I plan to install one on my daughters bike project.

Haha yeah, looks like I'll have another reason to get on the treadmill. Those post high school kilo's pile on quick.

My plan would be to do the basic mods to get it 'OK' until I go for the P's test, and then to eventually change it out to a 250cc.

Going to give it some more serious thought. Thanks guys.

Called up 2 wheel garage this arvo Sean. They no longer sell them because you can buy them direct from Ikonik now. They only help assemble the bike if you so require it.

The guy on the phone (forget his name) said that I'd most likely be too tall for the bike. That's why I thought I should talk to some owners first before making up my mind. To add to the complexity in all this is that this will be my first bike, so I won't know what will be a good fit or not really...

Back
Top Bottom