The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

ci_mark, did u see my previous photo of my exhaust surgery? theres way more in there than just the header cat, the 2nd one in the baffle is over twice the size. the 1st cat on the header section before the muffler part has 2 rivits below and spot welds inside u have to remove. cutting it apart and about 5 hours of grinding/cuting/drilling and stomping a steel rod thrru the sections was the only way i could get everything out. heres the pic again, hope this helps.

Attachments

• SkyteamAceExhaustInternals.jpg
    SkyteamAceExhaustInternals.jpg
    326.5 KB · Views: 244
ci_mark said:
Help! ive tried for 4 hours to get the cat out. ive tried to run a blade around the cat and seem to have seperated most of it from the inside of the pipe, but i still cant get her out!!! any tip/tricks/advise would be hugely appreciated. :-\
Hi Mark,
c u havn't found a header supplier yet,
emailed a guy in Brisbane Friday he makes full polished systems
$480 :( way too pricey for the ace !
asked what he would charge for a unpolished header
hoping for a reply tomorrow?
cheers ACEitup

Can anyone tell me the eye to eye size aftermarket shocks to fit
I measure 335mm but all I can find on ebay is 320mm or 340mm
The Ace 2-3 weeks old ,500 clicks on the clock and fitted new mirrors today
Pilot sporty tyres this week!
cheers ACEitup

Attachments

• ACE mirror.JPG
    ACE mirror.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 1,284
bdub said:
ci_mark, did u see my previous photo of my exhaust surgery? theres way more in there than just the header cat, the 2nd one in the baffle is over twice the size. the 1st cat on the header section before the muffler part has 2 rivits below and spot welds inside u have to remove. cutting it apart and about 5 hours of grinding/cuting/drilling and stomping a steel rod thrru the sections was the only way i could get everything out. heres the pic again, hope this helps.

yes bdub i can see from your pic there is another one! but i was going to replace the muffler with a slip on...so i only need to get the first cat out. its so hard. i must have spen about 4 hours using screw drivers, a knife, a butter knife (IKEA), a drill and pliers to try and yank it out but no dice. ive seen people say it was hard, but this is just nuts.

aceitup: yeah the guy wont even return my calls now. sad. i'd be ok with the stock system if i could get the cat out.

I've gone a different route in dealing with the CAT but I do have a suggestion.

Perhaps if you use a drill bit with a large diameter to drill down the centre of the cat it will give a void which might make it easier to use a screwdriver etc. to lever the remainder free.

Good luck!

Crazy

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/474392576/4_stroke_tricycle_engine.html?s=p
Chinese suplier of aftermarket "honda" engines.
Not much power in the 200ccm,but its way better in torque,have a similar one in my sons cart.
Works well.

stroker crazy said:
I've gone a different route in dealing with the CAT but I do have a suggestion.

Perhaps if you use a drill bit with a large diameter to drill down the centre of the cat it will give a void which might make it easier to use a screwdriver etc. to lever the remainder free.

Good luck!

Crazy

That's what I was planning on doing. Getting the HILTI hammer drill and a big bit into it. Otherwise I'm fucked.

ChrisBNE said:
That's what I was planning on doing. Getting the HILTI hammer drill and a big bit into it. Otherwise I'm fucked.

yeah i tried that. the cat seems to solidify into a lump when i tried drilling. i guess there is no easy way. ill just keep at it.

OK ,it's all your fault ! ;)

Just bought myself an Ace , can't wait to get my hands on it , already have an idea of mods to come , megaphone exhaust, electronic tacho , re jet , clip ons or ace bars , +1 on GB sprocket etc .

Been lurking for a while , I've experience of Chinese bikes and 125s recently - have been riding a long time but enjoying the tiddlers now ..... Just rode my Lexmoto Arrow to Spain and left it there so have a space in my garage.

Wife saw me looking at Google images of the Ace over a few days and sort of gave permission .....well "looks classic" sounded like approval to me .

Anyone in the UK looking for one , a dealer near Peterborough stil has one - price over the phone was £1700 inc on the road charges .http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321233498279?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Think I might be the tallest owner of one yet , lets hope I fit !

Thanks for the inspiration , will update when I get my hands on it .

Bojer said:
OK ,it's all your fault !

We'll accept the blame! (After all Oz is on the other side of the planet)

Bojer said:
"looks classic"

Sounds like approval to me!

Bojer said:

A couple of the guys on this thread are six foot plus.

Keep us posted on your experiences.

Crazy

Hi Crazy thanks for confirming that's what my wife meant "looks classic" Sounds like approval to me! ;)

TBH she just accepts bikes come and go , if they were all the same colour she wouldnt even notice !

Good info on here and I appreciate it being shared , hope to add stuff once I get my bike .

oooh , decals too ! http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CLASSIC-HONDA-DREAM-50-SKYTEAM-ACE-125-FULL-DECAL-STICKER-SET-CAFE-RACER-VINTAGE-/291006675264?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item43c1597940

Had mine since Dec 2012 and now done 1600 miles & I'm over 6"3" & 103kg (16 stone!)
Really enjoying it - but looking for the 150cc engine upgrade and possibly a replica Honda full fairing.
[pic]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y422/herbertd49/P6150016_zps01267814.jpg[/pic]
[pic]http://i1274.photobucket.com/albums/y422/herbertd49/P7240007_zpsc730916b.jpg[/pic]

Good to hear you fit ok HerbertD - I am 6'5" but only 90kg so should be fine :D

Like the rear shocks in the pics , think I will need to change those too , can see the "shopping list" getting longer !
TRX looks huge by comparison ! - I've owned a couple of them too . Watched your video - exhaust sounds just right - is that the Skyteam replacement ?

The Yammy TRX feels abit of a beast after riding the Ace! Mind you, its the Ace that gets all the attention!

Meant to say that the chrome exhaust is the official Skyteam replacement sports exhaust - Sounds much better, and increases the performance nicely - Saves having to mess around cutting out the Cat from the std. exhaust which seems a popular past-time for most Ace owners!

OK , thanks , to keep the initial cost down I might go for the cutting option with a megaphone first though .

Bojer said:
OK ,it's all your fault ! ;)

Just bought myself an Ace , can't wait to get my hands on it , already have an idea of mods to come , megaphone exhaust, electronic tacho , re jet , clip ons or ace bars , +1 on GB sprocket etc .

Been lurking for a while , I've experience of Chinese bikes and 125s recently - have been riding a long time but enjoying the tiddlers now ..... Just rode my Lexmoto Arrow to Spain and left it there so have a space in my garage.

Wife saw me looking at Google images of the Ace over a few days and sort of gave permission .....well "looks classic" sounded like approval to me .

Anyone in the UK looking for one , a dealer near Peterborough stil has one - price over the phone was £1700 inc on the road charges .http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321233498279?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Thanks for the inspiration , will update when I get my hands on it .

Hi There Bojer , whereabouts are you?

Sorry, should have said , I'm near Bedford in the UK - 50 miles North of London .

Hoping for the bike to be delivered to me, assembled and registered next week , all paid for now :D

Jets bought , main and idle , bar end mirrors bought.........

Back
Top Bottom