The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Does any one have any suggestion on replacing the rear sprocket bolts i.e. where to order some decent quality replacements that don't snap like the Chinese quality ones on my ace did?

ACEitup said:
Thxs Sprocket
dont have a stand, any make shift idea's?
if this rain keeps up I'll run out of mods to do!
cheers

I kept the frame that the bike came in, cut off the front section and use the back part to hold the back wheel, the kick stand then sits in a gap in the side of the frame perfectly and she sits upright. I'll try and take a photo when I get a moment to show you what I mean.

ACEitup said:
Hi Café
bought mine also from Motociclo
also said a week to me but actually was closer to 3 ?
However John and Nic are friendly enough and
took care in making sure the bike was right
Hope u get it soon! worth the wait!
Where are you located?
cheers ACEitup

Hey there,

Haven't checked the thread for a while, quite surprised to see that many posts;-) Well still waiting... called them on Monday, the bike was expected to come early this week... hopefully will get it before the weekend.

I am on the Northern beaches.

Cheers,

Thomas

cafe59 said:
I am on the Northern beaches.

There's getting to be quite a crew in Sydney!

Maybe we can organise a get together over Xmas/New Year. I can just see it: SinCity terrorised by a horde of Aces!

Crazy

Ok time for a silly question.

How does the reserve tank work, does it fill up when you fill up the main tank or do you need to do something differently when you fill up with fuel?

How far do you fill up the tanks (I've been filling up to around 3/4 of an inch below the mouth that sits inside the tank under the tank cap)?

ChrisBNE said:
Ok time for a silly question.

How does the reserve tank work, does it fill up when you fill up the main tank or do you need to do something differently when you fill up with fuel?

How far do you fill up the tanks (I've been filling up to around 3/4 of an inch below the mouth that sits inside the tank under the tank cap)?

The reserve works with a pipe sticking up in the tank from the tap, when the fuel is higher then the pipes top it can get fuel from the main setting, but as the fuel drops the top of the pipe ends up in the air so you switch to reserve , which makes the fuel get taken from the bottom of the tank . there is no need to do anything to fill a reserve tank, its just an area of space in the tank , not a seperate tank.
fill it up to just under the inside bottom lip of the fuel filler, but the aces have a habit of dripping fuel after braking from the cap, good idea to carry a rag in your pocket to wipe it up .

[quote author=stroker
terrorised by a horde of Aces!
Crazy
[/quote]
I'm in !dates??
Sunday morning 1st Dec before the xmas madness ?
Crazy, cafe?? ++ ?

hi again all.
end of work cycle and back to motor cycle tomorrow morning. Will be picking up ace from my local exhaust shop as they have bent me a new header and mounted little megaphone style muffler from my junk pile. Will post pics tomorrow night. Hopefully a power increase to be seen from standard.

Is there much increase in going over to micuni carby. if it is not worth the hassle ill stay with orig. carb and re jet. could someone let me know before i get a jet kit for standard carb..

cheers and good riding

pete.

anyone else from south australia lurking on this forum?????

orrible-64 said:
Hopefully a power increase to be seen from standard.

Losing the CAT has got to help!

orrible-64 said:
Is there much increase in going over to micuni carby.

I don't think going to a Mikuni will make a major power difference. I'm using a race Mikuni because the tunability might help with the multiple changes I'm making.

Crazy

Well Jessicas home with here new forks,wheel, mudguard & tank just need to get the paperwork off to the Solictors and get it back off the dozy car dirver!!

She's also now got her 7" headlamp with HID power fitted 8)

1425641_10151973735557200_1883340887_n.jpg
1452152_10151973735507200_302755782_n.jpg

Good to see she is back ! Going to be difficult for car drivers not to see that headlight now ;D

Bojer said:
Good to see she is back ! Going to be difficult for car drivers not to see that headlight now ;D
That's the general plan. 8)
Just need to doa bit of rewiring as only working on dip at the moment due to losing the + when you switch to main

ACEitup said:
[quote author=stroker
terrorised by a horde of Aces!
Crazy

I'm in !dates??
Sunday morning 1st Dec before the xmas madness ?
Crazy, cafe?? ++ ?

Guys I am losing my hope that I will get the bike any time soon...

Would be interested to know how many folks in Brisbane there are. I know there are a few over in JustDan's advrider.com thread, but I haven't registered/posted over there.

ChrisBNE said:
Would be interested to know how many folks in Brisbane there are. I know there are a few over in JustDan's advrider.com thread, but I haven't registered/posted over there.

I am also here as well. Just been slack in posting. I have been doing a road trip around the lower parts of Aus for the last few weeks,

Just Dan said:
I am also here as well. Just been slack in posting. I have been doing a road trip around the lower parts of Aus for the last few weeks,

Nice one, yeah I was meaning more that there were a couple of Brisbane guys in your thread over on the other forum posting, but not here. Are you based in Brisbane?

mikeyw64 said:
Well Jessicas home with here new forks,wheel, mudguard & tank just need to get the paperwork off to the Solictors and get it back off the dozy car dirver!!

She's also now got her 7" headlamp with HID power fitted 8)

1425641_10151973735557200_1883340887_n.jpg
1452152_10151973735507200_302755782_n.jpg

Glad to hear Jessica is back on the road.

Wayne

Back
Top Bottom