The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Alan Vega said:
Your slow jet looks like the right kind. I measured the one I have and dimensions are identical.
The original one is indeed a 3 piece one and the new one is 1 piece and smaller, but it fits in the thread (when screwed directly in the carb).
What is your carb ? PZ26 ?

Here is a picture of both original (upper) and ooracing one (lower) for you to see difference. The one you have should be like the lower one.

Fantastic , thanks Alan just what I needed - and seems I do have the right one - was just having a crisis of confidence late last night ! Yep , mines still on the standard PZ26 with original airbox but with a homemade down pipe (not finished yet) and a short mega .

ChrisBNE said:
Took her for her first non commute ride yesterday, great fun! Hills are a killer, but did mange to do 113 (down hill hehe...)

cool glad im not the only one getting those speeds :D

It should not matter. I used a 10mm drill, then I wedged a large flat screwdriver and a rubber hammer, jamming it in and bend the inside cat housing all around,when loose enough to get a grip with some screw clamps and pulled it out. took me about 30 mins to remove it.

on another note, my oo racing 303 kit has arrived, woot!
New jets,race cdi and 17 front cog.

Looks like I've got my weekend planed :)

Sent from my shoe phone

it took a while only because i had to pay extra to get it to regional Queensland, and I changed the 303 kit from a smaller rear cog to a bigger front cog 17 tooth (don't have to shorted the chain). but one the order was confirmed and paid I believe it was about 2 weeks.
Being on the brink of christmas, then It may take a lot longer...

Sent from my shoe phone

sprocket2cog said:
getting those speeds :D
Hey Sprocket2cog
this might help you get some more
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/150381923300?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649
I'm pretty sure this is the 1 Wayne had on his bike?
cheers ACEitup

Re: the "Ace" - bars up!

stroker crazy said:
Tarozzi bars fitted:

item.JPG

and a side view:

item.JPG

Much more comfortable, owing to the adjustability.

New throttle and switch blocks will be the next change, followed by the Koso instruments.

Crazy

Just reading through this great thread. In fitting the clip-ons, did you grind off the original bar mounts from the top triple clamp?

Re: the "Ace" - The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

suuscustoms said:
did you grind off the original bar mounts …?

File and WandD - I can't be trusted with power tools!

More stuff to be posted regarding the bars in the coming week.

Crazy

ChrisBNE said:
There is a 8mm bolt on the stand, which you take off, the switch and lead runs up through the bike and there is a simple plug to undo. I cut the lead because I could not be bothered reattaching a zip tie which holds the cable to the frame, then unplugged it.

So if i unplug it at the stand then pull it through and unplug the other end will that work?

If one removed the rear gaurd, what could you use then in its place to protect under the seat/airbox/battery etc?

ChrisBNE said:
If one removed the rear gaurd, what could you use then in its place to protect under the seat/airbox/battery etc?

The rear mudguard is in 2 pieces. The forward plastic piece can be left in place which protects the airbox/battery area.

You could fabricate something to run under the seat & stop the wiring getting wet, I haven't yet.

At the back the number plate catches most of the spray

Back
Top Bottom