The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

Thanks for nice comments regarding vents - if you want to make some you need some ss mesh (think they use it for filters in model steam engines) a piece of tube same size as your hole and a piece of bar a couple of mill smaller than the tube id. Mesh over hole in tube, bar centred over hole and mesh - squash it in the vice.
I glued them in from behind with Araldite (two part epoxy to any non UK folks) but made sure they were 'potted' and the glue went into some indents I drilled so it all ends up being 'cast' in place.
I am trying hard to keep all my mods period in appearance

Dave

Alan Vega said:
It looks like we have the exact same rear shocks ;)

Hi Alan,

Just wondering - what shocks do you have on your bike? Are these from OORacing? Also is the air filter the one from OO's stage 1 tune up kit? What did you have to do in order to fit it? Where did you put the battery? Under the seat?

Thanks,

Thomas

cafe59 said:
Hi Alan,

Just wondering - what shocks do you have on your bike? Are these from OORacing? Also is the air filter the one from OO's stage 1 tune up kit? What did you have to do in order to fit it? Where did you put the battery? Under the seat?

Thanks,

Thomas

Hi thomas,

The shocks are not from OOracing. I ordered them online in a french store.
The filter I now have is a metal cornet but I used the OOracing stage 1 filter. There is nothing special to do to fit the filter. It's true that it pushs a bit against the frame but that is not a big issue. Still I cut the manifold part of the orginal air box to make a pipe extension. You can see it on the picture.
The battery is just behing the metal plate number, I just put it perpendicular to the frame (if you consider originally it is parrallel to the frame), so it makes more room.

Attachments

• ACE_10.jpg
    ACE_10.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 384
Hi Thomas, I've just picked my new shocks from our local dealer today for my Ace. They have come off a brand new CPI 125 he is breaking. They are 5cm longer than std so doesn't make the steering any quicker, but do have plenty of damping unlike std.

Attachments

• ace damper.jpg
    ace damper.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 284
Genuine Honda bushes for the rear hub:

item.JPG

Removing the original bushes required brutality, finesse, but most of all, luck!
The hub casting is, as these things are, thin and brittle.

First bush went in easily:

item.JPG

As did the rest:

item.JPG

I don't know if all 'Ace' cush drive bushes are crappy, or if mine were just from a bad batch, but the Honda items should last waaay longer.

Crazy

回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

finally got my Ace few days ago and doing mods little by little for the last few days.

and just a quick question regarding EGR plate from Ooracing, what do i have to do to the connection of the black tubing goes back to the Carb after i remove the EGR? Just tie it off ?

many thx guys

joseph

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

Re: 回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

josephau said:
and just a quick question regarding EGR plate from Ooracing, what do i have to do to the connection of the black tubing goes back to the Carb after i remove the EGR? Just tie it off ?

yeah, get a bolt that will fit into the hose and screw it in tight so it dosnt suck air, then tuck it up under the tank. or if you want to get tricky you can solder/braze the fitting closed on the air intake manifold where the hose goes to

回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

thx man

is there a right size screw cap will fit just right on the air intake of the Carb that will work just fine?

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

stevodude said:
I left the tube in and just put a brake blead valve rubber cap on it, perfect fit.

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

Do u have a pic of it? (None motorcycle experiences except knowing how to drive it).

Thx

從我的 用 iPad 發送

Just love this place, one question with plenty of helpful answers. You guys are awesome !

從我的 用 iPad 發送

No pic of the actual bike, but plenty of caps on eBay. $2 or $2 dollars each.
These things.

yrahy8ut.jpg

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom