The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

vonmighty said:
Might need a walkthrough though... :/

Easy peasy! (almost)

I used some 10mm bolts I had on hand, but the critical thing is having about 19mm measurement (but less than 20mm) across the diagonal on the head.

Remove top triple clamp and undo fork cap plugs. These can be really tight due to a small amount of rust.
Put nut-and-bolts assemblies on top of fork springs, and replace fork plugs. This is the hard part, as it's difficult to force the springs down and turn the plugs at the same time. Do whatever you have to do (including copious swearing) to get them back into place, but don't neglect to use some type of anti-seize on the threads.

Crazy

I paid 700Nkr fitted. (About 100$)
Went for the original 18/2.75 front, but went up e size in the rear, to 3.25. The reason for that is my own weight of 93kg. A little more load capacity and contact surface won't be a bad thing. ;)

Quick question:

Where can I find a new outer spoke for my front wheel?

Don't have the dimensions on hand. But I already tried a CG 125 spoke from CMS, and it wasn't the right size. :(

回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

how do you guys secure the C.D.I. unite after you install it? and where normally should it be secured to?

Sent from my IM-A880S using Tapatalk

Re: 回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

josephau said:
how do you guys secure the C.D.I. unite after you install it? and where normally should it be secured to?

using cable tie to secure it

Re: 回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

josephau said:

I used metal wire and made a little spiderweb thingy to attach it to the inside of my custom rear fender (read: painted plank of wood)

And another thing.

A couple of weeks ago I changed my spark plug to an iridium one from ooracing. I checked it this week while working on the bike and the tip was completely white, while my old spark plug had this perfect coffee with cream, like my teacher calls it, color. I only changed the spark plug. I did a spark plug test with the old one and the color was perfect.
I have yet to run a back to back test with both spark plugs.

Attachments

• IMG_1961.JPG
    IMG_1961.JPG
    805.7 KB · Views: 240
The grey spots on the iridium spark plug is from cleaning the thread.
Sorry for the crappy picture, I have an Iphone 3G, can't even film with that thing...

Just remembered, the last time I did a high speed run, it felt a little lean at the top end. Gonna try to run it again with the old spark plug.

回覆: The SkyTeam 'Ace' Resource

not too sure about you guys with your stock battery, i think i might have got a doggy leaky one.

any recommendation on new battery ? Planning to move the battery with the battery box conversion kit from Ooracing.

Yuasa/MBT/Shorai ?

pujevuny.jpg

If I was to buy a rear fender eliminator, do I need to rewire anything?

Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a rear fender eliminator for the ace?

stroker crazy said:
Easy peasy! (almost)

I used some 10mm bolts I had on hand, but the critical thing is having about 19mm measurement (but less than 20mm) across the diagonal on the head.

Remove top triple clamp and undo fork cap plugs. These can be really tight due to a small amount of rust.
Put nut-and-bolts assemblies on top of fork springs, and replace fork plugs. This is the hard part, as it's difficult to force the springs down and turn the plugs at the same time. Do whatever you have to do (including copious swearing) to get them back into place, but don't neglect to use some type of anti-seize on the threads.

Crazy

Hi crazy,

I might need a little help with my switch gear, I got the CNC'd left hand one from OO. How did you get the side light to be on did you just it a link in?

joeylimzy said:
Which coil do you guys use? i heard that changing coil may have more bhp.
you wont see a increase of hp with a new coil, at best it will stop the spark breaking down at high rpm so the motor will rev higher, add in a better cdi that can go higher as well and you increase the max rpms,but a motor dosnt make its max horsepower at max rpms so its no real help there. then you have the issue of valve bounce and the push rods not keeping up.

it will make it smoother , but not more powerful

sprocket2cog said:
you wont see a increase of hp with a new coil, at best it will stop the spark breaking down at high rpm so the motor will rev higher, add in a better cdi that can go higher as well and you increase the max rpms,but a motor dosnt make its max horsepower at max rpms so its no real help there. then you have the issue of valve bounce and the push rods not keeping up.

it will make it smoother , but not more powerful
I changed my cdi to http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/360746106604?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649
the cdi allows me to rev higher. and im having problem with 5th gear .. no power at 5th gear . it jus maintain there.

Made some of the mods I have been planning for a while to my Ace when I was at home for the weekend. First checked the valve clearances, mine turned out to be another bike with zero clearance from the factory. Then from that installed the stage 1 kit from OOracing. I chose not to move the battery, instead I cut the air box to keep the battery mounting and make room for the foam filter. Fits nicely in the end, plenty of room around the filter. Jets changed in the carb too. Still looking at options for the exhaust but really happy with the pick up in performance so far, she warms up so much quicker and definitely gets through the gears quicker. Still have the rear sprocket to do but I'll wait for new tyres before I change that.

Also changed the rear light and a quick ride out to the charity shop got me a new tank strap to replace the awful looking rubber one.

Attachments

• 140102 (5).JPG
    140102 (5).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 221
  • 140102 (3).JPG
    140102 (3).JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 245
  • 140110 (3).JPG
    140110 (3).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 276
Out of interest my bike arrived with no EGR stuff attached, instead I had this agricultural looking blanking plate. As far as I've seen I'm not aware of any other Aces with this? Wondering if it was a factory thing or done by the distributors. I'm assuming it just didn't need it to get past UK regs.

Attachments

• 140102 (4).JPG
    140102 (4).JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 251
Back
Top Bottom