1972 CB/CL350 - trying to keep it classy

Thanks for the kind words. I will be hitting it hard again today. I hope to at least get the rear polished and painted. Then comes the covers of the front and back drums. It's some tedious work, but well worth it.

Got the rear done and laced. Both wheels need to be tensioned and trued still. I started sanding on the drum covers too. I have just about zero skin left on my fingers from sanding the heck out of everything before polishing, so I'm going to have to switch to another task. I'll probably clean, prep, and paint the virgin cb350 frame and continue along that route. Next looming purchase are those darn forks from Frank. That's a big pill to swallow for the sake of keeping it old-ish looking. Meh...it's only money. ::)

IMG_20141116_161012

More polishing. This took me quite awhile. I can't wait to be done with all these corroded aluminum parts. :-[

IMG_20141118_164709

IMG_20141118_164757

I just realized I never put up any pictures during the motor build. I have a couple here...

I removed the baffle and cleaned out all of the crud. Crank/rods/trans in spec. Let's reassemble.
cb350 build

Check

cb350 build by thehoggster1, on Flick

A little bath before assembly.
cb350 by thehoggster1, on Flickr

My babies! These are so cool, I hate that they are about to be all concealed shortly. I also did the KA slider and Tsubaki chain.
cb350 build

Lapped the valves. Holding fluid for hours.
cb350 - Not a drop!

Almost there...
cb350

I think I'm going to just scotchbrite the hell out of the case, etc. and polish out the side covers.
2014-10-24_11-12-55

I did. I don't remember having to do any excessive adjusting. That was back in February, I believe. This has been a very slow build. I just recently regained momentum.

I cleaned up the two best fork tubes I had and stuck them in the lowers. They are pretty ugly, so I will most likely be replacing them if I don't see a solution I think is ok. I also got my truing stand. Waiting on my new dial indicator. The tail won't stick up like that. It's just the frame leaning forward.

Cb350 cafe build

looking good! Did you powdercoat the frame? A dial indicator isnt neccessary for the wheels, a stick will work just as well unless you want to record the numbers for some reason. gl.

Back
Top Bottom