Vin plate damaged

quadracer351

Coast to Coast
The shop that did my powder coating didn't drill out the rivets to the vin plate when they removed it and ended up tearing both holes open. I can have it put back on using both rivets and an adhesive on the back but it's still pretty badly damaged. Does anyone know if I'll be able to get a vin sticker from the dmv. I've seen custom builds with them. I live in New York.
Thank you!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Look it up with your state DMV. In Georgia, where I'm at, you fill out a few forms, mail them the damaged plate with $18 and they send you a replacement plate along with a form you have to get a cop to fill out, attach the new plate, then mail them the form back.

Depending on the bike, VIN should also be stamped on the frame (steering neck for old Hondas, e.g.). This has worked for me for inspections, might wanna get that plate back on there but be ready to show them the stamp as well.

carnivorous chicken said:
Depending on the bike, VIN should also be stamped on the frame (steering neck for old Hondas, e.g.). This has worked for me for inspections, might wanna get that plate back on there but be ready to show them the stamp as well.
Yeah the neck is stamped I was able to get a New York title with the stamp and the vin plate, bought the bike without a title from CT. I'm pretty sure with New York you still need that vin plate on it

irk miller said:
Look it up with your state DMV. In Georgia, where I'm at, you fill out a few forms, mail them the damaged plate with $18 and they send you a replacement plate along with a form you have to get a cop to fill out, attach the new plate, then mail them the form back.
Sent the dmv a email two days ago waiting to hear back that would be nice and easy if I can do that!

Back
Top Bottom