Face mask options similar to Iron Jaw/John Banks mask?

Windyroad

Just wondering what options are out there. Occasionally I'll come across something on ebay, but other than that face mask options are rather non existent. I have a iron jaw, but I perfer the looks of some other ones. Does anyone have/recommend any shops that sell them? or any specific terms to look for on ebay? links are much appreciated.

This one maybe? From Iron Horse Helmets...

Attachments

• metal_face_mask_.JPG
    metal_face_mask_.JPG
    30.9 KB · Views: 1,230
Well you could always go the Bell route. While these may protect your mug from a flying stone, they're worthless when you crash.

RogueSolidMBlackP.png

Or you could just go the gimp route

Pulp_Fiction_Bluray_featured_photo_gallery.jpg

seems pretty stupid to me when a full face helmet gives better protection and is lighter ::)

Webike.net has a few similar masks you could bolt to a 3/4. Shipping is not cheap however. About $60-$80 after everything.

http://japan.webike.net/products/9658899.html

9836-mb_1.jpg

http://japan.webike.net/products/20992389.html

1114w-793-138.jpg

Why in the world would anyone wear one but not a full face ? I can see it now...." Hey everyone look how Bad Ass I am " then they hit the pavement and is either ripped off and there face is ground up or it shatters into million pieces but now not only is you face chewed up but you have chunks of plastic embedded in your face ? But hey it's not me so have fun :)

I wear one. I had trouble finding them, as well, so I fabricated one out of polycabonate. It's already saved my face a couple times from flung stones. I always had issues getting a full face on. Always seemed so cramped, as opposed to, say, a Motocross helmet, where the chinbar sticks out, more.
I also, since owning the aforementioned helmet setup, bought a modular helmet. No more cramped quarters when taking off and putting on. The visor is a plus for cold mornings, but it DOES get annoying when it fogs up, and I have to play the raise/lower game at lights.
Between the two, I have tons of flexibility for any riding occasion. There's no preconception that the chinbar will offer any protection in an accident. I don't think anybody would make such an assumption. It DOES have it's advantages, though, so don't knock it.

Back
Top Bottom