Can anyone I.D. these shocks?

scott s

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Last year, I picked up a set of shocks off ebay. They were listed as Progressive, but I'm pretty sure they're not.
They're 13" eye to clevis, and they're the best riding, best handling shocks I've ever had. I don't know how they 're able to float down the road the way they do and still handle so well in the twisties. Now, granted, I'm no MotoGP rider, and I've never shelled out big bucks for high end shocks, but I REALLY like these things.
KGrHqFHJ0E8e4soqqyBPPHZ4DRsw60_12_zps2dc56bd4.jpg

In fact, I like them so much I snapped up another set when I saw them on ebay. These were not listed as Progressives. They're 12.5" long and I've yet to get them installed.
P2210055Small_zps90a60961.jpg

I didn't notice it until today, but there are markings on the shock: F, M and L in a triangle or arrow. What does this stand for (Fook Me Laughing?!) Firm, Medium and Low?
P2210056Small_zps99367abc.jpg

The only other markings are on the bottom of each shock. The 12.5: shocks have:
P3041
Made in USA
PC 315

The 13" shocks have:
P6081
Made in USA
PC 330

I'm guessing the 315 and 330 is length in mm? Anyone know what these are or anything about them?

Both shocks are progressive. You can tell because the distance between the coils changes.

As far as who makes them? They look OEM, to me. They could have come off of nearly any Japanese bike of the era.

I would tend to agree with Matt, the only thing that makes me question them being OEM is the fact that they were made in the USA. But that's my uneducated input.

There are actually two sets of springs, seperated by a spacer or washer. Notice I said Progressive with a capital "P", as in name brand. Progressive brand shocks usually have the weight markings on the springs and are, in most cases, a single wound spring.

Ding! Ding! Ding! That sure looks like them!

What does "•Nine-stage valving with three-position adjustable damping" mean? I see how to change the spring rate (just like any other shock), and I'm guessing the F/M/L is the 3 position damping, but I don't see how to change it.

Good web browsing techniques lol. I did a search for "pc motorcycle shocks" then browsed google images till I saw ones that looked similar.

Back
Top Bottom