1976 cb360t tires

rcmorton

Just got the bike, tires are going to need replacing pretty soon for it to be road worthy. It has an 18in rim, I'd like to do same size tires on the front and back. What can you tell me about this? Good idea?

Also, what brand/size do y'all recommend for a good look and good performance?

The reason they go with a shorter rear rim and taller front rim is because the tire profiles will make the front and back outer dimensions the same. If you want a good performance, reasonably priced tire that works well on these CB360's you may want to look at Avon Roadriders.

Yeah, I've been reading and it looks like the AM26 might be a good option. 100/90x18 on the front and 110/90x18 on the rear

rcmorton said:
Yeah, I've been reading and it looks like the AM26 might be a good option. 100/90x18 on the front and 110/90x18 on the rear

Those tires are too wide for the stock rim. Stock CB350 has a 1.65" x 18 (WM1) in the front, 1.85" x 18 (WM2) rear.

a 100/90 x 18 is equivalent to a 4.00 x 18. On the front, that is 1 inch wider than stock. The stock rim is already at max with the 3.00 wide front tire. Best to go with a wider rim.

You would be best served by a WM3 up front and a WM4 in the back.

The 110/90x18 may rub the chain or swingarm in the rear...put a 100/90 in the back for better learance.

I let you know, wider tires will make the bike feel heavy and slow handling, not nimble like it does with stock sizes.

Also, the larger tires will slow acceleration, as they are heavier then the smaller tires, and it takes longer for the engine to be able to spin them.

Those size tires will keep the rims from touching the pavement, but will make your bike slower and handle less well. That's your choice though.

You mention the cb350, are the rims the same for the cb360? So, you suggest 90/90x18 on front and 100/90x18 on rear?

Thanks!

Well, not "recommend" - those are still large...larger rims on stock size tires is what I would say give a positive result. 360 and 350 use same size tires and rims..
3.00x18 =80/90 x 18
3.50x18 =90/90 x 18

There are a couple of companies that make these sizes in a modern rubber compound. Heidenau is one, the handling would be as good as it gets staying in that size...I had fatter tires on my 350 back in the early 70's and Remember the bike feeling heavier...at the time, I didn't know why...older and wiser now

The 360 has a more narrow front fender bracket vs. the 350. The biggest tire I found that works without rubbing is a 90/90.

If you want to go bigger, you should get wider rims. This is a great handling and cosmetic upgrade.

On my 360 I used mikesxs 2.15 front and rear rims. I used 90/90 f and 11/90 r. No rubbing front or rear.

unnsssssamed.jpg

Fatter tires are a downgrade to handling, but wider rims are an upgrade. Just to be clear..

mydlyfkryzis said:
Fatter tires are a downgrade to handling, but wider rims are an upgrade. Just to be clear..

This is true to a point. a 90/90 r18 cb360 tire would work great on a wider 2.15 rim. But once the rim gets huge like a MotoGP superbike the rubber needs to get larger too. Its all proportionate to the rim / tire chart and going with the smaller tire / rim ratio on the chart will yield a better and flatter contact tire patch.

img_3436.jpg

Back
Top Bottom