Hoosier DTT Crew

I honestly don't think I've checked in here yet.

I am on a building hiatus, I'm getting deployed with the Indiana National Guard this spring/summer so there doesn't seem to be too much of a point in building something I'd have to wait a year to ride!

cory.ahlersmeyer said:

I am on a building hiatus, I'm getting deployed with the Indiana National Guard this spring/summer so there doesn't seem to be too much of a point in building something I'd have to wait a year to ride!

Well let me thank you for your service! It's because of you I have the freedom to ride!

cory.ahlersmeyer said:

I've been on 2 tours....kinda sucks.... be safe brother be safe and always watch your back. Where are they sending you??

-Keith

cory.ahlersmeyer said:

122nd?
*Edit*
Sorry, saw you were in Muncie... Thank you for carrying on the tradition of the National Guard Cory.
It was an experiance I will never forget and am proud to have served.

1/293rd Infantry, we're going to AFRICOM HQ and HOA, we'll be rotating through various countries however, Rawanda, Kenya, etc

So its official, I'll be moving to Indy and starting a new job mid Feb. I will be taking a trip out there in a couple weeks to find a place to rent. I have heard carmel, fishers, broad ripple and fountain square are nice but don't think I want to spend a ton on rent early on.

Looking to spend a max of $1000 on a place that is safe and has a garage for my projects. I've been looking on Zillow and a place like this seems to fit my needs (I rather have a 2BR though).

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/9752-Centennial-Ct-Avon-IN-46123/85308297_zpid/

Are there any other areas I should look into? I would prefer something close to downtown and the airport as I have been told some travel will be part of the job. Any advice on specific neighborhoods is greatly appreciated.

West side sounds right up your alley. Downtown is 20 mins from Plainfield/Avon/Mooresville area, with the airport right in between. Places can be had for far less than $1k a month.

Awesome man! Indy isn't half bad. North Side has more activities IMO. I miss the north side...

-Keith

Thanks guys, I'm excited about the opportunity out there. Not too excited about moving in the middle of winter though. Any leads on where I might be able to find housing sub $1000 in some of those areas? So far I have just been looking through Craigslist and Zillow. A friend suggested I contact a realtor out there who might deal with rental properties. Any other suggestions?

Realtor might not be a bad idea. I know they can be found, I rent properties in Plainfield for sub $800 that are 3 bed 2 bath with garage.

Thanks guys. If any specific properties you know of come up, please let me know. It is just kind of hard moving out to an area without any idea of what parts are good or bad.

I look forward to meeting you guys and going for some rides once riding season starts back up. I might have to pick up another bike as my project CB100 might not be able to keep up on longer rides. I might start looking for a CB350.

Carmel and Fishers are going to be the most expensive for sure. Both at the north end of Indy. Im sure you can find an affordable place but it may not be the best. Ive been into Avon area too which seemed pretty nice honestly. Im not sure on the South side of Indy personally. Ive heard and bad things really. Im from Fort Wayne(2 hours north of Indy) so I can only give so much info.

yea I used to call it that when I lived in Bloomington after HS...but that was late 90s. I think my favorite is "Fort Waste"

Tifun said:
IMO anything south of Thompson is nice on the south side.

Thanks for the advice. I am planning on putting an application in for a place near St. Francis Hospital. It is off of 65 and Southport and looked to be a pretty nice development full of condos. Just my luck, happens to be coldest week to come out to Indy while I out here.

Nice area. Used to live just east of there in the '90's. Has developed a lot since then. Drive past it on the way work even now.

Back
Top Bottom