2015 Harley Street 750 First Impressions

Thomas_Hudson

Honda owner/Honda Rider
Ok so I had a little time on my hands and had heard that HD had a new entry level bike that they would use in the Riders Edge Program through the dealerships. The Street is offered in 500 and 750 cc and is the lowest priced Harley that one can buy new.
So to offer this bike to a wide market place they needed it to be affordable. This bike is aimed at young or new riders worldwide who want to own a Harley. To make it affordable, Harley built a factory in India. Well the factory has been manufacturing Harley parts for American Harley's for some time now but now they are building the "new" bikes there to market globally. An Indian Harley.... Ok.
Here are some pics...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 451
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 437
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 453
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 437
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 438
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 428
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    851.3 KB · Views: 439
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 432
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 431
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 430
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 453
As you can see both bikes were 750 cc liquid cooled V Twins. The bike is a complete departure from the other Harleys. The look is a little off. Some stuff looks out of place or as if it was an after thought, like the horn. A lot of exposed wires that hang and dangle all over it. It just looks cheap, like a Chinese knock off of a Harley. You almost expect to see Harey Davisun on the badging.
The exhaust pipe is the part that really bugged me. Is so damn big. It's like one quarter the width of the bike. It was designed burn your calf to a crisp, or at least melt you shoe.
And that rear fender.... I mean come on man.
Anywho, I'm sure they will sell bunches globally, and they surely will sell some to the market segment that they are shooting for here in the good ole US of A, but not to me. For the $7500+tax, I'd rather have a bike from the Land of the Rising Sun built by a known company, rather than an Indian Harley.

So I was sitting in the grandstands at the Gatornationals and the Harley girls come out with leather outfits :eek: and an air gun to launch t-shirts...worked for me so I told my buddies let's go by the Harley tent and check 'em out. I am not sure if it was because this Street 750 was next to a Breakout, but the 750 looked small, cheesy, etc. in comparison. I sat on both and while the B was more of a better fit (for me) I just can't justify that kind of money for either one. Davisun LMFAO!

Lol when I look at the back fender I just think of a Honda shadow spirit 750 lol But if I wanted a bike that looks like a Japanese bike, I would buy a Japanese bike
7b9d29832b3f7c044d6fbf0481b9540f.jpg

I agree they look cheap, but don't hate on the Indian manufacturing for this one. Harley apparently manufactures the Street lineup for the U.S. and Canada at their Kansas City facility.

BarnBurner said:
I agree they look cheap, but don't hate on the Indian manufacturing for this one. Harley apparently manufactures the Street lineup for the U.S. and Canada at their Kansas City facility.
oh wow. Sorry I messed that up. The write up I had read said they would be built in India as well. See that makes it more upsetting that it's that cheap looking and built here. I could forgive some mistakes by some folks who don't know better. :eek:

With a 7 grand price tag? Get the sporty 1200 and mod it till your hearts content. Harley = air cooled V-Rods are for girls and Hipster Hawgers.

Tune-A-Fish said:
Harley = air cooled V-Rods are for girls and Hipster Hawgers.

Poor attitude. If you want HD to survive once the last of the olds break their hips, they will need to start marketing to a new kind of rider. Millennials are overwhelmingly urban-based and the liquid cooled, lighter weight Revolution X engine in the Street certainly has its advantages there. Being able to sell such a bike to the rest of the world doesn't hurt the bottom line either.

I agree their price point is off, though. If I had $7,000 and for some inexplicable reason had to stick with HD, I would buy a used XR1200 and do this:

xr-1200-625x417.jpg

http://www.bikeexif.com/xr-1200

You are right, I am old relatively speaking, hips not the best, knees are worked, back just not the same... Bla Bla Bla, But I had a shitload of fun!

My attitude is mostly brought on by whiners and kids with no work ethic and large hands for holding out waiting for something free. Good chance I wont ever need a new twin after the new Road Glide comes home, the next gen can have it from there.

I just didn't like the fit, the finish, the choice of plastics, and some of the styling. But that's what I said. I'm sure a lot of younger buyers would like it.
If they made it more like that XR1200 it would have been more to my liking. Maybe that's something they should consider.

Back
Top Bottom