Honda Grom. Who has ridden one

Hurco550

Keep er' Between the Ditches
DTT SUPPORTER
DTT BOTM WINNER
I was poking around at a local dealership today and a grom caught my eye. I sat on it and it was surprisingly comfy for me. I'm not a dainty little guy either at around 6 ft. and 250lbs or so. The price got me thinking about it even more at just over 3k new (haven't checked the used market). It would mostly be a way to try to get my wife on the road with me, but I think I would have some fun scooting around on it as well. Anyhow, any of you guys have one or spent any time in the saddle? If so, what are your thoughts?
2f26fb352eecf9e48220e75e5529f10c.jpg

I have nothing to offer other than the fact that I too want one of these things...and...

http://youtu.be/6SVKlG9Iiak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1sttimer said:
I have nothing to offer other than the fact that I too want one of these things...and...

http://youtu.be/6SVKlG9Iiak

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder how many weeks of fun they had practicing for that video?

I want one too, be a perfect around town scoot for the wife, better than the crappy Chinese scooter she has now.

B541Niner said:
Been popping up on craigslist around here lately...even used they're pricey.
Yeah I checked used too. People aren't asking much less than new prices. I've never bought a new vehicle in my life, but I'm not going to buy used to save 200 bucks over a new one lol

I don't believe the date has been announced. TWoS is hosting the first annual Grom Prix in North Georgia this year.

12548841_564352437060586_3161045492938869114_n.jpg

They made a post about it on their Facebook page 23 January. If it turns into anything like the True Grits Fun Run it's going to be a real hoot!

I've wanted one since the first time i saw one, but it wouldn't be alone and i'm realistic about which bikes i actually choose to ride. The grom would just sit in the shop. That's why the wicked X got sold. Novel idea but when choosing between a mini bike and a 919, theres no chance of riding the 'slow' bike. That's just me.

Finished anything lately hurco? :-X :p

DohcBikes said:
I've wanted one since the first time i saw one, but it wouldn't be alone and i'm realistic about which bikes i actually choose to ride. The grom would just sit in the shop. That's why the wicked X got sold. Novel idea but when choosing between a mini bike and a 919, theres no chance of riding the 'slow' bike. That's just me.

Finished anything lately hurco? :-X
Yep, that thought crossed my mind and is a big reason I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I'm sure the novelty world quickly wear away and regret would set in. Projects are all moving along on their same slow pace haha none finished per say, but getting closer in one way or another. One is quite possibly going to a new home soon....

Groms are a interesting little bike. They are a silly little ride but perfect for commuting around and smaller people.

Interesting thing about Groms is when they were released they oversold and then they jacked up the price to help slow down the demand.

There is a member here who's bike shit the bed just before a camping road trip and so he took his buddies grom and had a blast touring on it.

Back
Top Bottom