Ace 50 Salt Lake Racer

Re: Ace 50 Custom

mikeyw64 said:
the longer seat unit makes the rear mudguard less intrusive, looks good

Like the way you've used a front mudguard at the rear as well. May pinch that as I have a spare one :)

I'm working on brackets at the moment to make that work Mikey, all going well I will hopefully be able to get some lasercut brackets made up to make the conversion to a front guard on the rear a bolt-on job that anyone can do. Still working on the best way to get around the chainguard and rear suspension neatly at present.

suuscustoms said:
There doesn't seem to be a lot of information on improving the performance of the little 50cc model, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I replaced the 49cc cylinder with a 72cc one, and the top was replaced by a ported one with oversized valves.
The carb was then replaced by the 22mm YSN from 00racing.
Put on a racing cdi with rpm control and a racing coil.
Removed the restrictor in the manifold and honed it out to match the carb and the intake.
I also removed the EGR-valve and plugged the exhaust feed.
It now tops out at 95km/h (gps), with original sprockets.
Will soon be replacing the front one with a bigger one to get the most out of the power gains.
The motor feels quite strong and revs willingly... ;)

Attachments

• 1374887_10151939483991405_176805347_n.jpg
    1374887_10151939483991405_176805347_n.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 1,525

I have just ordered one and can't wait to get it! I also bought the 50cc version, as I have not finished my motorcycle license.

Would you mind to share where you got the engine parts?

superslurt said:
I have just ordered one and can't wait to get it! I also bought the 50cc version, as I have not finished my motorcycle license.

Would you mind to share where you got the engine parts?
Some parts are from ooracing.com, and a few are from ebay.com, Amazon.com and finn.no

Hi Novgarod

I like what you've done to your bike.

Have you cleared out the restrictions in the exhaust/header. Having seen one cut up they may well have just plugged it up all together!!

Mark

Hi, Mark!
I couldn't find anything in the header, but I've tried to run the bike with the pipe for the EGR-valv open. It revs faster and stronger (but is really noisy, of course), so I reckon there is a bit to much resistants in the end muffler. I plan to do something about that before springtime is here.

Stian.

Novgarod said:
I replaced the 49cc cylinder with a 72cc one, and the top was replaced by a ported one with oversized valves.
The carb was then replaced by the 22mm YSN from 00racing.
Put on a racing cdi with rpm control and a racing coil.
Removed the restrictor in the manifold and honed it out to match the carb and the intake.
I also removed the EGR-valve and plugged the exhaust feed.
It now tops out at 95km/h (gps), with original sprockets.
Will soon be replacing the front one with a bigger one to get the most out of the power gains.
The motor feels quite strong and revs willingly... ;)

95 is a very impressive effort from a 72cc! did it take much running-in once all together?

Hi guys!

It's time to make an exciting announcement I've been waiting for confirmation about. On February 28th this year we will be taking the Ace SALT LAKE RACING!

We will be heading over to Lake Gairdner in South Australia to compete in the 50cc modified production gasoline category at the DLRA's Speed Week 2014.
speedweek2014sm.jpg

As a result we have been busily prepping the bike for racing. The new seat is almost complete, handlebars are all set up now with a substantially lower bar height, headlight and indicators are gone, new jets in the carby and the exhaust has been opened up.

For those wondering where the main restriction is in the 50cc exhaust, the easiest way to get to it is to cut the seam that is overlapped by the exhaust mounting bracket. you will find the main restrictor hanging in there. I have left the baffles in there to give a little bit of backpressure, but the corrogated restrictor had to go.

1538710_727247133961353_418917670_n.jpg

1618566_734317163254350_790926683_n.jpg

would love to see photos and on board video of the run if you can swing it :D
sounds like its going to be a blast.

suuscustoms said:
95 is a very impressive effort from a 72cc! did it take much running-in once all together?
I'm not quite sure how long run-in time it got, but I replaced the 49cc almost instantaneous because it didn't pull at all. I suspect the flowed top with oversized valves and the 22mm carburetor, is responsible for most of the power gain, I get from the relatively small 23cc increase in displacement.

The restriction in the main exhaust seems to be some sort of an catalytic converter, to me...
what good does it do on a 49cc..?? It most definitely will have to go.. :)

jealous ,jealous ,jealous.

was hoping to do the same but holidays won't line up for gairdner
there is a late joining fee to enter racing ,but i guess you already are aware of this. posted some postie bike photos from last meet.
wish i could be part of your pit crew..
good luck with it. I won't have my 150 ready till next year.

pete

orrible-64 said:
jealous ,jealous ,jealous.

was hoping to do the same but holidays won't line up for gairdner
there is a late joining fee to enter racing ,but i guess you already are aware of this. posted some postie bike photos from last meet.
wish i could be part of your pit crew..
good luck with it. I won't have my 150 ready till next year.

pete

Hi Pete,

We signed up before the late fee, I was just waiting to get full confirmation from the DLRA before announcing that we were racing.

It's time to make an exciting announcement I've been waiting for confirmation about. On February 28th this year we will be taking the Ace SALT LAKE RACING!

The bike looks great and I hope you have some great runs!!

For those wondering where the main restriction is in the 50cc exhaust, the easiest way to get to it is to cut the seam that is overlapped by the exhaust mounting bracket. you will find the main restrictor hanging in there. I have left the baffles in there to give a little bit of backpressure, but the corrogated restrictor had to go.

I wouldn't call it so much a restrictor as an attempt to make the bike as slow as humanly possible!! :)

Back
Top Bottom