cb200 clutch wont engage

cb200kart

I had my bike running perfect but it needed way to much to title and make street legal so I put it on a gokart now when I pull the clutch and shift it into gear it it just tries to go and dies idk what it is I tried adjusting the fitting at the handle but nothing....sorry to post this here seeing as how its a kart but the kart forums don't know anything about these motors

if it takes off then it is engaging . . adjust the cable so there is no free play then see ig the lever/arm on the case moves when you pull the clutch lever . . if it does, it should work provoding it worked before you put it in the cart.

I have adjusted it as tight as possible I even cut my shift lever so the clutch had more room to pull it andright when iI put it into gear it pulls and stalls even thou I'm in the clutch and had it started and revved it and it jump into gear and died

Attachments

• IMG_20150821_163718.JPG
    IMG_20150821_163718.JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 728
Did you check if your engaging mechanism works good and is clean.i had a similar problem,the 'snail' mechanism was completely dirty.
I made the cable as loose as possible then adjusted the stop nut and screw and then re tightened the cable.

Voila.

Idk what that is but I adjusted the clutch cable by the engine made it tight then lossened it back and I'm pretty sure I fixed it can't fire it up and test it till morning cause all I have on it are headers

Do you have pics of the inside of the clutch side cover?there should be a mechanism which actuates the clutch stick.

I just adjusted the cable at the engine and got it to work I've never had this engine apart if you wanna see it in action type in my cb200 kart on YouTube it was my first ride on it since I finished it Lil sloppy on my shifts haha

Back
Top Bottom