Kawa Mach III 750 Engine...Go or No go

2_DONE_THE_TON

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
Hey guys!

So i ran into this offer.a guy is offering me a Mach III 750 engine with trans and all for 400 euros....plus carbs he asks 600.
This might sound like a huge amount of money but keep in mind that this bike is really really rare in austria....i've never seen one on the streets of vienna.

Though about taking this as a long term project....getting all the parts will be a long oddissey.

What you guys say is this 2 stroker a good one or was it just kawa flexing their muscles?
I ride a RD 250 daily and i love the feel and power of the little stroker....

Here are some pics.

Is it just a waste of money or will it pay off :)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1440528318430.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1440528318430.jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 211
  • uploadfromtaptalk1440528329843.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1440528329843.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 219
  • uploadfromtaptalk1440528350852.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1440528350852.jpg
    367.1 KB · Views: 229
The Kawa 750 2-strokes can be fire breathing monsters if set up right. Price wise €450-500 for the engine and carbs would be okay, but make sure all the bits are there, you don't want to get stuck on an engine with an empty button end.

1. first lof all, you kinda need a frame to be able to use it.

2. second of all, it will kill you, so i say go for it.

3. third of all, the link below has all you will ever need to know about them.

http://www.klemmvintage.com/kaw500h1.htm

Sounds good :) dunno how the part situation is here in austria.
Guess trueing a crank like that would cost more than the motor...

the crank wont need to be trued unless the rods are bad and you replace them.

you may have to bore it out and install new pistons.

its just a guess but i don't think there are many parts in austria for those.

DohcBikes said:
Thanks for the link. This will keep me busy for a while.

i thought you had that already . . he has a bunch of info on there including 2 stroke oil.

DohcBikes said:
Your email is full.

well it wouldnt be if you quit sending me photos of animals performing strange sex acts.

Hey...send me some too!

graphics-laughing-867787.gif

DohcBikes said:
Best I can do is scale it back a little. You asked for em.

yes but theres only so many photos of a dog licking peanut butter off of different things that one can stand before it gets boring . . do you have any photos of llamas....with peanut butter?

Holy crap!

graphics-laughing-867787.gif

Those things are getting pretty scarce regardless of where you live. At one time that was the absolutely fastest store bought motorcycle in the universe. Legendary! Pretty much 3 times the power of what you have now and only a bit more weight. Actually a smaller physical package (except for width) than your 250! Like anything else, if it holds interest for you, it is worth the money. You will find it pretty much the same as your 250 from a mechanical/working on it perspective. Being completely apart like that is a bit worrisome, but if you spend enough time inspecting and collating the parts you should be ok.

Mobius do yoh think the price is reasonable?
I would see this as a long term project,i hope the EU wont ban these filthy 2 strokes the next years.
Important for me is that i cam as much as possible with my own hands,so i can save up money for the expensive stock parts.
A dream would be to plant that thing into a new frame and suspension of a modern bike,but it will be a PIA with the registration in austria.

Is it a MachIII or is it a 750, can't be both, unless someone put a big bore kit on a 500. The 500 was a MachIII, the 750 was a MachIV
When the Mach IV came out it was not only the fastest motorcycle , but the fastest production vehicle sold to the public. It was known for it's handling, or lack thereof, and gained the moniker "Widow Maker". If it's been sitting for a period it will most likely need new crank seals, which would require splitting the cases. If you have a better frame to start with you have the beginnings of a fast ride. Instead of a modern frame, I have a MachIV stuffed into a 59 Norton Manx chassis, one of the best handling bikes at the time.

A one L lama, he's a priest; a two L llama, he's a beast;
but I'll bet my silk pajama there's no such thing as a three L lllama!

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
A one L lama, he's a priest; a two L llama, he's a beast;
but I'll bet my silk pajama there's no such thing as a three L lllama!

Crazy
That would be a Mach IIIama

01marc is quite correct about the Mach III vs. Mach IV questions. Make absolutely sure you are getting what you think you're getting. ???

That said, if it's a 750, the value will only go up in time. Parts will be a tad expensive and hard to find, but they're a unique beast. :D If you can't locate an actual 750 h2 frame, finding a frame to fit won't be a huge issue. They've been slotted into some very unusual packages. :D

There are a number of very informative web sites. Message me if you want to check more of them out. :)

Good luck with the purchase. 8)

Mine at Ace Corner, Barber last October:

deviant said:
Is it coming back this year?

Hey Deviant! :D I assume you mean Barber? Unfortunately, no. Barber is a "once-in-a-while" kinda trip for us up here. :p

Gonna miss you rascals! ;D

Back
Top Bottom