'77 Yamaha RD400 "Jigsaw Puzzle"

Very

Attachments

• Austin-Powers-Goldmember-austin-powers-8220808-852-480.jpg
    Austin-Powers-Goldmember-austin-powers-8220808-852-480.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 292
Re: '77 Yamaha RD400 "Jigsaw Puzzle"

Just making sure. I was hoping that they were at least there when you tore the wheels down. I've bought used wheels like that before.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

HF blast cabinet works pretty good...
IMG_6143_zpsmymjsa3n.jpg

And painted up...
IMG_6144_zpsq0le2hhx.jpg

Hoping to be a roller this weekend.

Redbird said:
Yup, they’re in there ;)

I'm not seeing them, but maybe you took the picture of ones side before the spacer and opposite bearing were fitted.

I brought home a bike a couple of years ago that seemed a little hard to push. Turned out one of the bearing spacers was missing and the outer bearing race has collapsed and the balls were "square". My guess is that it was a mile or so away from the wheel bearings collapsing completely. So I tend to be a bit anal about wheels and bearings now.

You're sorta correct :p
The pic was taken before the spacer was installed though ;)

Got a little bit more done...
58066926419__DD0BD9C0-FD07-4200-9DAC-E84431F62FFB_zpsgzbkzvxo.jpg

IMG_6160_zpsu9js97wk.jpg

58068550612__BBEDCC90-AE52-41BF-921D-6A9EADA28CF5_zpsflsq6rjo.jpg

Quality Control seemed pleased.
IMG_6164_zpseit6k6jo.jpg

Wheels/tires will get mounted/balanced this week. So, she'll be a roller next weekend ;)

Looking at putting a set of those rear shocks on my xs750, what center to center did you order and actual measurement? Need 310mm give or take a dime to keep angles decent with the front drop. Wheels turned out , love me some gold accents
And two-stroke smoke

Iirc, they are the 310mm versions. I can get you an actual measurement this evening ;)

Thanks for looking into that, so they actually measure as advertised?

Only reason I ask is 3 years ago I put a set on a cb450 that were supposed to be 12” but were actually 12.5 c-c at the lowest.

No problem ;)
Yea, these are 320mm at the lowest, and reportedly will extend 10mm. But I haven't tried that yet.

Tires are mounted...
IMG_6171_zpsvjq0sy5n.jpg

And dropped the tank on just for shits & giggles...
IMG_6173_zpsjiqhskqe.jpg

The bike looks great!

Can you tell me about the rims? I'd like to do mine all gold but I see you left an aluminum strip near the tire bead. Is the gold paint or powder? Is the aluminum area coated or bare?

No, I had to remove all bushings and bearings before coating.
Getting them out was a bit of a chore, but with the way this bike is being rebuilt, it seemed silly not to install new ones anyway.

Back
Top Bottom