BMW r90s bitsa bomber

Looks and sounds great as would be expected Kiley. And the beard is really coming along nicely. :)

Thanks fellas! And Chris, I've been working hard on it! Haha!

She is snappy and crisp. That lightened flywheel and high compression pistons really makes a difference in the revs on her. No smoke, no fuss at all, she runs like a champ!

To do:

Install gauges, (wiring done waiting on them to come in)

Blast and powder the pannier racks

Change final drive and transmission oil (today)

Ride the crap out of it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

First start my ass ;D
Did it really start up and idle that perfectly the first press of the switch?
Looks and sounds amazing man I'm jealous

Yeah, it really did!

Seriously, I double checked everything before I turned it over and bam! Actually, the idle was a little high in the video, but I'm not complaining about that!

And thanks man!

Kanticoy said:
Yeah, it really did!

Seriously, I double checked everything before I turned it over and bam! Actually, the idle was a little high in the video, but I'm not complaining about that!

And thanks man!

You bastard 8)
Wait for my sr500 first start vid. It will probably consist of me kicking and swearing for 20 minutes before I figure out the gas isn't on, or the coils arent connected

Re: Re: BMW r90s bitsa bomber

SONIC. said:
You bastard 8)
Wait for my sr500 first start vid. It will probably consist of me kicking and swearing for 20 minutes before I figure out the gas isn't on, or the coils arent connected

Just a friendly reminder....

Turn the gas on.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

LOL I should have taken a vid of Mr. Magoos wheeler. I rewired it, rolled it outside, hit the starter and started riding it around the yard, I figured it was going to take a lot more then that to coax it back to life, it sat for 3 months. Sometimes shit just goes your way. Oh yeah Sonic. there is apparently an art to kicking over a SR500, if you don't get it just right it floods, fouls plug and won't start for shit.

Maritime said:
LOL I should have taken a vid of Mr. Magoos wheeler. I rewired it, rolled it outside, hit the starter and started riding it around the yard, I figured it was going to take a lot more then that to coax it back to life, it sat for 3 months. Sometimes shit just goes your way. Oh yeah Sonic. there is apparently an art to kicking over a SR500, if you don't get it just right it floods, fouls plug and won't start for shit.

Yup I think I still have a sore hip from when I first got it trying to learn the art.

Exactly Gerardo ^^

So the solenoid was spotty in actuating the starter and today I pulled apart the Bosch and found the bushings and brushes to be pretty toast too, so new rebuild parts on order. Rather find this in the garage than on the side of the road.

The culprit solenoid

2u9y9a9e.jpg

The culprit bushings (tell tale squeak on spin down)

4u3emy4y.jpg

Bosch guts

ypyby4y5.jpg

myhabe3y.jpg

She is literally going to be a new bike.

Glad to see that we're doing at least one thing the same this winter, Kiley. Feels good to push the button and hear it spin up right.

The Kiosk Guy said:
Kiley makes me feel inadequate

Sent from my freaking iPhone using freaking Tapatalk

Ha. Come on now. Taking broken crap and fixing it is necessity, not talent! Haha!

She's running again. Starter rebuilt and working great. Thought I'd share some "good camera" shots I took today.

Back
Top Bottom