Been Around the Block
Hallo to all

im just about to begin my fifth caferacer build
its going to be a beast of a caferacer.
here is where im going to start with
lightbox_foto6207037-14_zps4834807d.jpg

and another view

lightbox_foto6207037-24_zpscd56289c.jpg

It makes a lot of sense to make a sport bike into a cafe racer. I suspect that had the Brits had a modern sport bike to start with they would have had a somewhat different Cafe than they developed. You have selected a beast to modify, I doubt you will need to add power, more a question of subtracting weight. I think this should be an interesting build.

that was my thought exactly
power enough now lose the weight.
and while i am at it give it a nice style

NICE! I have been looking for an 1100 TSCC for a while. You sir, have and BRUTE of a bike to start with.
Seeing where you are located explains the GSX on the side cover... they weren't available by that name here in the States until much later.
Keep us updated often.

a matt black gsx with red wheels ticks all my boxes

so i would leave it as is...for fear of detracting from what it is...oldskool muscle

however

busa modern fr and back end with wheels painted candy red would look the biz

or usd forks but keep the wheels...

this gsx is in my pics and is one of my fave cafes'....beats a lot of the shiney shizzle bikes imo

Now that last picturw looks the bussiness (as I believe thwey say over there). However, isn't some poor stripper missing her leopard skin thingy?

You can kick a$$ on that Kawasaki no problem. Keep the original tank it's way nice. That engine will pull so strong if you dial it in. I love these GS bikes 16 valves to go. Lose the weight for sure but also move the weight to the center and forward. I would try to make it look small even though it isn't. Brace the frame. An oil cooler would be nice. The 1981's have the "locomotive" headlight 8" diameter and are very difficult to find in the US, it would be worth looking for because that one is fugly. Continental now makes radial ply tires for these bikes they're called Conti Classic Attack. I deleted 2/3 of my post so as to temper my unbridled enthusiasm for this bike.
Cheers, 50gary

drooling over that bike as a whole and the fact where i found pic, it was listed as a suzook gs1100/1000...it does seem to be a gpz11 in gsx clothes..and a strippers thong...i like it even more now!!

i just found something i just like to try out before i buy another seat
and that is shortening the seat
1272241_551815768201771_1391929195_o_zpsb35da377.jpg

what do you think of that

I liked the looks of the shortened seat pretty much,and thinking that would be nice with the plastic sidepanels, but i dubt the looks will be quite that good without imo.
Cheers J

even though that shortened GSX is fantastic and one of the best builds out there with its benelli parts i would like to see it in the flesh cos from some pic angles the shortened part doesnt look quite as nice as the original lay out....in that sideways pic it probably does though...

on the oldskool suzuki site they seem to rave on about 4 considerations to keep the mighty GSXs' identity

1. front headlight unit
2. tank
3. engine
4. rear light unit.
4a side panels (personal choice)

the rest is fill ya boots territory...

i finally made some progress..
i stripped the bike somewhat and made the frame loop
and welded it to the back of the frame

Back
Top Bottom