Kneeler Project

Today I've made a start on up cycling the front mudguard from the spares bike into a rear.
This allows me to set it higher and tucked hard against the seat base. There should be plenty of room to accommodate suspension movement with the lowered ride height.
No frikin 'bobbed guards going on here, need it to look properly retrosexual.
The light burning through the workshop door is, in fact, the second coming ;)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 363
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 364
Cheers Gents.

Rear mudguard fitment sorted and I fabbed up rear grab rail for the munky.
Also 'borrowed' a 13" trailer mudguard for a look before I splash out any cash.
Well, this isn't going to work. Back to the drawing board.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 361
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    612.4 KB · Views: 353
I've pulled the engine from the donor bike and started to dissolve all the grunge oily crap on it. Once it's clean I'll soda blast it, prior to tearing apart.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    729 KB · Views: 342
Good plan to clean it up before tear-down,too many folks do it the other way around and all that does is get dirt inside the engine.

Gone into a slow patch again, but still moving forwards, albeit with the speed of a sloth.
New rear shocks as recommended by Beachcomber, very pleased with them.
Now I have this height I will be ordering some for the front.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 361
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    727.3 KB · Views: 363
DesmoBro said:
This is awesome !

Thanks Desmo.
Picking up steam now for the winter push.
Front shocks are on their way. I sold the seized CD engine for a nice sum and collected a good CB200 engine in parts form today.
Been selling the surplus stuff from my parts bike so I get room to store the outfit.
I swapped the forks and rear shocks for a pair of full length megaphone exhaust pipes.
Still a long way to go yet but pleased with progress.

I've had to modify the upper shock mounts on the forks to fit the new shocks, one step forward two steps back!
The new mudguard is going to work well I think.
However I'm completely stuck on the whole nose cone issue for the chair.
I need it to be at least the same height as the mudguard.
Any suggestions?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    886.7 KB · Views: 348
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    625.6 KB · Views: 338
Mudguard looks spot on - it's the same style as the one I saw at the Classic Bike show.

I'll trawl through some of my old sidecar archives and see if there's anything inspirational re: chair nose fairing.

beachcomber said:
Mudguard looks spot on - it's the same style as the one I saw at the Classic Bike show.

I'll trawl through some of my old sidecar archives and see if there's anything inspirational re: chair nose fairing.

Thanks TJ, inspiration is needed. The nearest I've come is by cutting up an old poly bath, however apart from it being too brittle, it was too flat at the front. I need the height to give the passenger some sense of security on the road. Although I know now how the front grab rail will work, I won't be able to shape any tubing up til I know what it has to avoid.

Hey Steff how's tricks in the sunny West country ????

Missing my chariot fix !!

Hope everything's OK with you and yours.

Back
Top Bottom