My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project

Ya, leds will work just fine. They draw a much lower amperage than the old lights, so you would need a flasher relay made for leds though.

GSXR similar year M/C will probably be fine. What's wrong with the 636 - isn't it radial pump with remote reservoir too or was it damaged/missing?

teazer said:
GSXR similar year M/C will probably be fine. What's wrong with the 636 - isn't it radial pump with remote reservoir too or was it damaged/missing?

I just bought the forks without the controls so I've been looking for the Kawi master but haven't seen anything at a reasonable price. I'll check ebay for GSXR prices - thanks.

I would hold out for the Radial M/C I got a GSXR radial (complete with lever) from Ebay cheap just keep looking.
Cheers, 50gary

More progress. Shock is mounted although the adjustable top bracket is just tacked at this point. I also got my hybrid EX650/ZX636 front axle done so I now have both wheels in. My next step is to modify the 636 top clamp to accept Renthal taper bars which will be a challenge. Now the wheels are in I will be able to check the geometry to see if it works out to my calculations.[

Attachments

• side.JPG
    side.JPG
    122.5 KB · Views: 317
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    133.3 KB · Views: 314

Cases will be out Monday as soon as you PM me your address again. They were quite hidden in my stash at the back of the shop being they were pretty much trashed. Still don't like throwing things out.

John, this is outstanding, good things are happening, excellent work and design.
Cheers, 50gary

Looking good. Of course the rear frame section with shock mounts is basically redundant now. Depending on what type of seat and overall look you are going for, some big changes could be contemplated..

Teazer, Is the attached pic (my first time using paint) what you were talking about? I plan to make my own tank and seat from aluminum but haven't decided exactly on the shape yet. I have stuff in my head and will make a model from foam first. Honestly though I won't be going with the classic cafe flat bottom seat and tank look. In my mind I see something supermoto/flatrack/sportbike hybrid.

Attachments

• side paint 1.jpg
    side paint 1.jpg
    160.7 KB · Views: 290

John, again right on the money. I would guess the two green circles are cross tubes? I would use the point of the lower cross tube as the junction for what would be a 70' angle seat tube. It might not look as racy as your narrow angle tube in your drawing but I feel it would be stronger and naturally tie into the overall frame plan. You also mention your seat, that may be part of the reason for the shallow seat tube placement? Your mass centralization and overall weight are going to be greatly improved to say the least with this new layout, excellent.
When I get to this point in a build I think "why didn't I just build a new frame from scratch?"
Cheers, 50gary

This is one of my favorite builds right now not just because I have the same bike but because it's awesome. That was the easiest way to sum it up without listing... I'm excited to see more

BicycleBobe said:
This is one of my favorite builds right now not just because I have the same bike but because it's awesome. That was the easiest way to sum it up without listing... I'm excited to see more
Thanks. Do you have a build thread for your t500?

50gary said:
John, again right on the money. I would guess the two green circles are cross tubes? I would use the point of the lower cross tube as the junction for what would be a 70' angle seat tube. It might not look as racy as your narrow angle tube in your drawing but I feel it would be stronger and naturally tie into the overall frame plan. You also mention you seat, that may be part of the reason for the shallow seat tube placement? Your mass centralization and overall weight are going to be greatly improved to say the least with this new layout, excellent.
When I get to this point in a build I think "why didn't I just build a new frame from scratch?"
Cheers, 50gary
The green circles are cross tubes. I know you're right about the seat tube angle, I may have a solution to combine both angles which I will work on. I am glad see that there is interest in this project and welcome all ideas and suggestions. I would love to build a frame from scratch and that was my original plan but I can't justify the cost of a good tube bender, TIG welder and milling machine!

Not much progress this week. However I did get the bike down on level ground and check the geometry. With the forks dropped 8mm in the triples and the swingarm angle at 10.5* I have got 23.5* of head angle which was what I had on my autocad drawing. I am very happy with how it is working out, I still have plenty of adjustment with the forks and of course my adjustable rear shock mounting.

Not much progress at the moment, I'm waiting for parts. I did get a rear brake to use and i got my adjustable shock mount welded in.

Attachments

• DSCN1772.JPG
    DSCN1772.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 259
  • DSCN1774.JPG
    DSCN1774.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 268

Is there another brace towards the front of the adjustable mount to check accidental forward movement? Nice work. I hope to get started on one of my shelved projects soon.

zooke581 said:
Is there another brace towards the front of the adjustable mount to check accidental forward movement? Nice work. I hope to get started on one of my shelved projects soon.

Eric, are you talking about the direction of the green arrow in the attached pic?
Are you going to work on the 250 Suzuki?

Attachments

• shock brace 1.jpg
    shock brace 1.jpg
    172.6 KB · Views: 244

Yup that direction. It wouldn't be good for the mount to fold either way. If it folded up, the Missus might get a little upset. :eek:

Started on the T250 again last night.

Indeed she might! I am going to brace to the top rails once I have finished the back end of the frame.

Back
Top Bottom