My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project

I feel like it needs more depth. It looks like you slapped a piece of scrap on there and drilled some holes in it. I know it is more complicated then that, but in comparison to the rest of the invredible work you have done to this bike it just doesnt fit. Just my honest feedback.

I just found this. Similar style
a.jpg

ffjmoore said:
I feel like it needs more depth. It looks like you slapped a piece of scrap on there and drilled some holes in it. I know it is more complicated then that, but in comparison to the rest of the invredible work you have done to this bike it just doesnt fit. Just my honest feedback.

Honesty appreciated!

I am now thinking about going with just a single light anyway.

IMO a over and under arrangement would look the buisness, although that would mean redoing the whole front..

Well not much progress, I got the filler neck and cap bolted to the tank and the rear shock is painted. I seem to have lost the side stand somehow so I think I will just make my own lighter version. I just need a picture of how the original looks (I still have the tab on the frame to mount it).

I am working on another idea for the front light/plate combo.

Once I get the exhausts done I should be ready to powder coat the frame, then I'll be in business!

Here are a couple of pics of where the bike is at right now:

Attachments

• up1.JPG
    up1.JPG
    183.4 KB · Views: 234
  • up2.JPG
    up2.JPG
    208 KB · Views: 232
  • up3.JPG
    up3.JPG
    213.2 KB · Views: 226

John, looking good and you're almost there! The side stands, I have made three so far, I use .75" diameter or square chromoly tubing. strong and weighs half of the solid OEM unit.
Cheers, 50gary

Ahhh every time I look at your bike its effing more killer!

MJPriceisright said:
does anyone have any more info on this? unreal bike

Bottpower XR1 - Very real ;)

http://bottpower.com/eng/

I wish I could remember where I saw a kick ass front plate recently. It had 1/2" (?) slots cut in it that gave it an almost Art Deco look. Now I think about it, I'd be happy if I could remember my name and how I got here. :)

I need to get cracking and get this bike finished. My BSA Goldstar is arriving from England next week so I will be somewhat distracted. I did take the tank in to get the mounting plate for the petcock TiG welded on, not possible to weld 0.250" flat stock to the 0.050" tank bottom with oxy-acetylene!

Pic of the Beezer below.

Attachments

• goldie.jpg
    goldie.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 234

Whoa, very nice. Classic, but yeah, get on the Zuzukee!
Cheers, 50gary

Well the tank is finally finished (aside from polishing), I got the underside brackets welded on and the petcock installed.

Next job are the exhausts. Richard (Teazer) has designed some pipes to match my engine spec now I just have to figure out the routing for them. I will be sending the cones out to be lazer cut and rolled then I will just have the assembly to do.

Attachments

• tank us1.JPG
    tank us1.JPG
    163.8 KB · Views: 217
  • tank us2.JPG
    tank us2.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 238

Thats coming along very nicely,killer work. Can't wait to see it polished.

I'm really happy with how the junction between the tank and seat came out.

Attachments

• seat j2.JPG
    seat j2.JPG
    174.8 KB · Views: 241
  • seat j1.JPG
    seat j1.JPG
    178.2 KB · Views: 241

Well, thats a perfect fit!
Looking really nice... will be so cool when polished!

I can't believe I've never checked out this build. Awesome fab work.

Leave that finish alone its perfect shine is for show bikes

Back
Top Bottom