My Suzi T500 Project *It's Alive Video*

Re: My Suzi T500 Project (Finished Video & Pics!)

HollywoodMX said:
What tools do you use for your sheet metal work?

All hand tools hammers and mallets, home made dollies, shrinking fork, piece of oak with a depression in it used as a shrinking puck, homemade slapper, tin snips. I also have a 12" harbor freight slip roll for the exhaust cones. I form metal around anything I have laying around in my garage that will work.

Re: Re: My Suzi T500 Project (Finished Video & Pics!)

johnu said:
All hand tools hammers and mallets, home made dollies, shrinking fork, piece of oak with a depression in it used as a shrinking puck, homemade slapper, tin snips. I also have a 12" harbor freight slip roll for the exhaust cones. I form metal around anything I have laying around in my garage that will work.

Lol. I only know what half of that stuff is..

Haha, go on youtube if you need help with any sheet metal work you can find video for all kinds of metal work on there. Of course ask questions here first to get pointed in the right direction though. I have done a lot of fab work in my time but I still ask questions :)

Well, you have done fantastic work, you are a true craftsman, respect to you :)

Thanks, it was a lot of work but I got the bike I envisioned in the end :)

johnu said:
Thanks, it was a lot of work but I got the bike I envisioned in the end :)

That's the best part. I do a half ass sketch (cause I can't draw) of what I want the bike to look like before starting to see how close I can get to it. It's very rewarding when the actual matches the vision.

Fantastic build, great photos through out really inspiring me to get started back on my t500 build.

No more test rides yet, the oil pump is still bugging me so I am going to get another one to try just to be safe. Don't want to run short of oil :-\

John. are you still running the pre-mix as well as the pump?
Cheers, 50gary

50gary said:
John. are you still running the pre-mix as well as the pump?
Cheers, 50gary

Just the pump, but I see air in the oil lines which tells me the pump is not pumping consistantly. I have another on the way!

My Suzi T500 Project (Finished Video & Pics!)

Air in the oil lines usually means a leak in the banjo fittings somewhere on the inlet side. I assume it is a positive displacement pump?

Walms said:
Air in the oil lines usually means a leak in the banjo fittings somewhere on the inlet side. I assume it is a positive displacement pump?

Thanks, will check that out!

John over the years I have seen many problems with check valves ,banjos , and oil tank vent yes the vent was plugged and drove me crazy :eek: never had a pump go bad I did change a few never fixed my problem ::)

If you do use the aluminum crush washers, they are really only meant as a 1 time use only.
Stato seals (Parker product) are a nice upgrade to eliminate banjo leakage problems.

Your bike looks bloody insane btw! Nice job John!

If you do use the aluminum crush washers, they are really only meant as a 1 time use only.
Stato seals (Parker product) are a nice upgrade to eliminate banjo leakage problems.

Walms said:

Could use copper. Just a little heat then reuse

Ok guys I got another oil pump and it works like a champ :) :) :) I siliconed the pipes into the exhaust stubs because it leaked around there, which I knew it would. Tomorrow will be test ride day ;)

Great news John. I'm glad it worked out.

johnu said:
Ok guys I got another oil pump and it works like a champ :) :) :) I siliconed the pipes into the exhaust stubs because it leaked around there, which I knew it would. Tomorrow will be test ride day ;)

Video!!!

Making progress, rode the bike a little today but still not ready for video yet ;) It's been a long time since I rode a two stroke street bike, I am loving it already :)

Back
Top Bottom