1983 KZ1000P build ... MUTT #3

I used 3 last time... High Med and a thin layer of headliner to clean it all up, (I think J-Rod passed that detail on) the upholstery shop liked it.

Not much done lately, family was in town visiting and barely got any time to work on it. So, just to keep myself interested, I painted it really quick and dirty, haha

841cef3a78206ac5acd6330546e87bd0.jpg

Got some lights and stuff coming in the mail

Started cleaning the carbs again. First time I did it, I only cleaned the bowls out and blew some cleaner through and didn't really mess with anything else. Have gone through 2 for now and have set up the floats according to a Mikuni BS34 rebuild guide I found online (they were totally off when set up with bowl off) .. will need to verify this when I do the clear tube level test. Pilot was clogged and I may have to dig back in again as the Jets are all stock and the bike now has pod filters and 4-1 header by previous owner ... still chugging along. Will prob need a jet kit and some misc seals, o-rings, and plugs

Got tired of dealing with the pod setup. Pulled it all apart and put a stock airbox in. Had to re-do tall the wiring and battery tray I had to accommodate this.

649d7c970231241e149b535fdd34af1f.jpg

c21653f7a41f622b1b7cb555672bbfe0.jpg

Now I'm waiting on Z1 enterprises for my shipment of the parts to put my carbs back together. I just wanna get the damn thing running good on the airbox before I try anything else. One of buddies has this if I want it... **sneeky**

3cddc907fe5db196ef9578e3ac2457ca.jpg

Nice job man. The airbox on those bikes isn't nearly as bad to juggle as some others but worth it eh?

Back
Top Bottom