Bulk packs of wet sanding paper?

edelweiss

Coast to Coast
Does anyone know a good resource for purchasing bulk packs of wet sanding paper? Harbor Freight carries only a few grits in bulk packs. I need a range from 400, 500, 600, 800, 1000, 1200, 2000, and 3000.

Just tired of getting reamed for 3 lousy sheets of wet sanding paper at most auto parts stores. Any links would be greatly appreciated!

Best,
John

Just search for body shop places locally or online, but get ready. Even at bulk prices, expect to pay $0.75 per sheet for good 3M or Norton stuff. Its about twice the cost of shitty stuff like Gator, but it really does last substantially longer and give premium results.

I buy mine at Ace, or the local auto paint Store, which ever I am closer to at the time. 3M, $0.79/sheet.

If you're wanting bulk, though, buy it by the roll, not by the sheet.

Yes, sandpaper IS very expensive. Buy the good stuff like 3M. I buy exclusively at pro auto body supplies to help insure I'm getting the industrial grade. Some brands have versions at home depot that are not really the same as pro stuff. No question about the top shelf stuff actually being cheaper in use than bargain brands. Also, grit uniformity becomes important when doing paint work. I've seen cheap stuff that seemed to have a bit of #600 grit in much finer #1000 grit paper, making the finer grit pretty much useless. I always bite the bullet and buy a whole sleeve whenever I need something except fine grits over #1000. Once you are up there and beyond, the paper lasts a very long time. 1/2 a sheet will easily do an entire bike for leveling and polishing. I keep all my sandpaper in a couple of big plastic bins with snap on lids. Even a modest supply can be in the hundreds of dollars if you like to keep around most anything needed so it's important to have a dedicated space where all the sanding materials will keep clean, organize and dust free. Get grinder filings in you sandpaper bin and you will be out a substantial investment - not to mention possibly ruining some paintwork.

The bulk paper you would get from Harbor Freight is the same quality as the rest of the crap they sell. Look for professional auto body supply places in your area. Good paper will cost more but last longer.

Amazon has some pretty decent prices on good sandpaper. But be careful, they carry some low quality paper as well

http://www.tcpglobal.com

I order from this place or the local suppliers we use at work. This site ususally has a larger selection and better prices than our local suppliers. Of course, shipping and handling needs to factored in. It's worth it if you order more than just a couple things.

Back
Top Bottom