My work of art cb 378 race bike

4 stroker

Hy guys my name is Jolan and I'm building a cb 360 for about 2 years now.

Started riding bikes when I was 6, race a lot with pitbikes and learned everything about geometry and engine tuning from this racing expercience and reading a lot of books like tony foale chassis design and 4 stroke performance tuning.

I only work on the bike if I really have time to enjoy building and designing it with a glass of wine and a smoke.
I've got a cj 360 too which I daily drive and put 40 000 km's on in 3 years time so I don't need this bike. Orange one in the picture

The purpose of the bike is not building something like a gsxr or something but just make the best out of the 360 base with parts I could find very cheap and try to make this bike as good and light as possible.

I bought this really rusty 360 for 300 euro's and start checking geometry and everything before making any modifications. Did some calculations and went searching for parts.

Front fork: 38 mm yamaha fzr (just 3 mm thicker then stock front forks for rigidity and modern fork for better damping characteristics)
Front wheel: 3.5x16" honda cbr 900rr (small and very light 16 inch front wheel for compensating shorter offset from tripple clamp fzr forks and keep a small trail, about 95 mm)
Rear wheel: honda cbr 500 with drum brake (don't like the look of rear disc brake and there's not much room for brake pump)
Front brakes: suzuki gsxr 600 4 piston dual callipers with steel brake lines
Footrest: kawasaki gpz 300
Rear suspension: hagon non adjustable shocks specifically made for weight of the bike, rider and angle.

First cut of lower part of headset and made a new one to accept the bigger bearing from the fzr tripple clamps. Turned al the bushes for front wheel on the lathe and made some adapters for brake callipers.

Braced the swingarm, modified rear Wheel to fit between the 360 swing arm. Converted rear brake to cable operated drum brake.

Modified kawa footrests and made a rear brake pedal and shift linkage with messing bearing. I will take some better pictures of footrest and linkage but his is what footrests look like.

Then started bracing the frame.When you really start riding those bikes the frame is no where near stiff enough. Especially if you drive it with a lot of luggage like this in the Italian Mountains and on roundabouts. ;)

Modified the frame from semi dual cradle to real dual cradle and braced the other non stiff areas. If you brace your frame you don't want to brace just one part of the frame.

I will take some more pictures of the bracing.

And this is how bike sits in the garage now with the spare engine. Weighing just 125kg.

Little video from the cj 360 on snow: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at8UiF7lcqw ;)

when I start painting everything I will take some more detailed pictures of all the parts I made from skratch.

Here are some of my previous builds.

Honda xl 50 with upgrade suspension 16" rear wheel, race cam, ported head, raised compression lightened rockers and piston 20 mm carb, selfbuild exhaust, but still 49cc, runs 92 km/u on flat road with gps ;). this was my first motorcycle for the road when I was 16. Great little bike but spins 14000 rpm and needs new piston every 4000 km's.

little vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5r5pPzEtPQ

Another xl 50 i build for my sister:

and a cb 50 for my sisters friend:

Re: The Belgian cb 360

I dont understand how the carbs fit w the cross brace. :eek:

I'm not using the stock carbs, but keihin pd 30 mm carbs from a honda xr 250 with rubbers from original airbox and k&n filters, fits perfectly true the brace.
Those carbs work very well, are cheap and easy to jet.

4 stroker said:
I'm not using the stock carbs, but keihin pd 30 mm carbs from a honda xr 250 with rubbers from original airbox and k&n filters, fits perfectly true the brace.
Those carbs work very well, are cheap and easy to jet.

:)

Great work!

What exhaust is that on your yellow bike?
I'd like a 2-1 on my 360 but have not found much choice, just the Mac one from the us.

Steve

Sderbyshire said:
Great work!

What exhaust is that on your yellow bike?
I'd like a 2-1 on my 360 but have not found much choice, just the Mac one from the us.

Steve

You mean orange bike? It's a old sherry bomb from our G20 wich I modified to fit on the CJ. Exhaust on the yellow cj I don't now.

Re: The Belgian cb 360 and some more finished builds

Just finished a complete rebuild on my cj 360 with pj's 378 conversion and copper gaskets from lani.
Runs really great and feels way stronger than before.

Awesome man lani, if you need gaskets send him a mail!!.

Changed the rear of the cj too during a creative moment during the exams, cause I never liked the long looking rear on the bike.
Pictures tomorrow.

Re: The Belgian cb 360 and some more finished builds

Drove the hell out of the bike this weekend @ the track between full preped ducatis, laverdas and honda's with twice the engine I have and managed to drive the same laptimes as them with my little self build Honda. They weren't that happy though ;D

Grtz

Back
Top Bottom