No title bs

pjams

What do you guys do when you come across a cycle with no title? Just say fuck it, no sale?

Depends on where you are. In some states it's easy to get around, some are almost impossible.

pjams said:
What do you guys do when you come across a cycle with no title? Just say fuck it, no sale?

as far as we can tell you are in china, ;) put yer location in yer profile

Until last year, I only needed a bill of sale. Now, I have to run numbers before purchase and get a bonded title.

Haha Springfield Mo, I haven't tried mainly because the verbiage of the law to obtain a lost title here makes it seem not worth it in most cases. I was curious if it was more lax elsewhere

Dunno about MO, but there are easy ways to get around it in some states. AZ you can claim the vehicle as abandoned and get a title for $20 after inspection and sending a registered letter to last known address of PO. I'm in MA now, and just registered a bike in Vermont (using my MA address, no inspection, all through the mail) for under $100. When the registration expires, I can use it to get a title here in MA because VT doesn't title older bikes. I wrote up the process here with some other folks if you want to poke around and dig it up.

if there is no record at dmv and not stolen, i just tell them that it has always been mine and i lost the title long ago,sign a few papers,done deal... all they care about is the fees

Having no tittle wouldn't make me pass on a good deal. Here in NC its a pita. Inspections, bonding etc, but you can get a tittle.

General rule; no tittle, non running- $1 Per CC

No worries for me.

I put together receipts for a bunch of parts, take some photos, write down all the facts, then go down to the courthouse and get a title hearing application. I fill in all the forms, include all my receipts, take the bike down to the P.D. with one of the forms and have them verify that it's not stolen. After that, just pay the title & application fee (and registration if I want a license plate), then it's just a matter of 30-45 days to get the title in the mail. If I pay for the plate, they hand it over on the spot.

Gotta love Texas.

Back
Top Bottom