T500 Titan Twingle

jimmer

Coast to Coast
A bit over due with this project as I started on the motor in late October. Any ways, found a '75 T500 Suzuki motor and nothing more. I proceeded to freshen up the bottom end, make the premix modifications, port the cylinders and reassemble. My goal with this bike is use things I already have on the shelf and limit myself on the budget. It will be a playbike for the dragstrip and if it works well I will bracket race it. The Twingle part comes from the 1 into 2 intake, twin firing ignition, and 2 into 1 exhaust. Ignition is self built electronic points booster running total loss, no flywheel. I built the intake manifold and will run my 41mm TM Mikuni flatslide. Exhaust is Arctic Cat 500 with my headpipe. It took me way too long to find a donor chassis (1976 GT500) and is now in assembly stage. Wheels,brakes,forks were all in horrible condition.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,318
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 807
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1,014.7 KB · Views: 736
Pictures

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    984.3 KB · Views: 704
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    836.9 KB · Views: 727
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    995 KB · Views: 734
Some progress.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 705
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    913.2 KB · Views: 701
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 712
Yes! A chassis, and it is painted! Converted to 520 chain.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 693
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 703
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    910.5 KB · Views: 667
Pregnant guppy pipe. Uh, ground clearance? The belly is 5 3/8" diameter. Weird, click on picture to enlarge and it goes right side up.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    919.8 KB · Views: 901
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 686
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    847.6 KB · Views: 666
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 685
Chamber is just for looks then. :p

Two into one doesn't work with a chamber on a two stroke.

Also, I think your 41mm carb is going to be pretty small.

Cross sectional area on that carb will be about 1350mm².

Compared with the two 32mm carbs originally on that engine, which sum to a little less than 1600mm².

Sonreir said:
Also, I think your 41mm carb is going to be pretty small.

Cross sectional area on that carb will be about 1350mm².

Compared with the two 32mm carbs originally on that engine, which sum to a little less than 1600mm².
But, with the 180 degree crank, it only needs to fuel one cylinder at a time, almost. I'd like to see how that carb does.

Cool project - nice fab work. Seems a bit contradictory to drag race it with the pipe and small carb, though brackets obviously reward consistency over horsepower. I know that sleds and boats combine their exhausts, but there is no doubt that the practical construction of them over rules the Hp output. What are the wheels from? Thought all Titans came with 19" on the front.

Sonreir said:
Chamber is just for looks then. :p

Chamber is not for looks! These motors don't like giant revs like a reed valve Yamaha (for example). So my goal is lots of torque and still rev out ok. I am not the smartest guy around, but I think this can work. I grew up in the midwest and have a lot of sled experience, some with wild chambers, some with single pipes. They both have strong points. My biggest concern is the Cat was reed valve, the Titan piston port. I am going to give it the big effort and see what happens. Worse case is I am out the $70 (including paint) I have in the pipe and I will start a donation fund for a set of $800 JL chambers!

Back
Top Bottom