Tampa Bay, Florida!!!!

born2expire

let's talk shop
it seems no one is in this area. i've tried countless times to make contact with some people on here that are in the 727/813 area that are into vintage bikes to get together/hang out/ wrench on each others bikes/ ride or whatever with out any results. I'm also a member of the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club and i've yet to meet anyone from that, but im working on that one. Just trying to meet new people...i dont care if your 17 or 57 i just want to talk shop and b/s and hangout with people with the same interests as me. vintage/classic cars/trucks/vans also is a plus.

if you're in my area or know someone who is, let them know about this post or reply. i live in St. Petersburg and i'm 24 and a engineer by trade, i have a two car garage, a motorcycle lift, and enough tools to make shit happen!

I feel your pain! I'm from Fort Myers, but I live mostly in Rochester, NY finishing up a mechanical engineering degree. The closest I came to meeting a fellow rocker was a kid who helped me out when I was broken down on the side of the road. He said he owned a couple cafes and none of his bikes were post '79.

I'm in Orlando, surprised you can't use dcc as a stepping stone. I was so pissed last night I saw a Honda cafe in my car but couldn't turn around fast enough to check it out!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

yeah all the guys i know that are into bikes around here are like 50 and can't really hang on my hours, my old neighbor is 61 and races the florida vintage mx series and wins, he rules but he kind of does his own thing. i need this as a stepping stone to meet people!

I just came up from the keys and am living in Arcadia currently,looking at a job over in Winterhaven.That aint too far from tampa.Goin over there next week,hope I get the job.If not I'm headin to Colorado! My bikes in a million pieces right now but if I get that job,get my bike back together, it would be awsome to get some fellows to go riding with! Or just b/s!
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!! ;D

Weve got some good momentum going at Wood Tavern in Miami on Thursdays after 9pm. This week there were about 20 vintage bikes. BMWs, Guzzis, CBs, KZ, H1, Goldwing cafe, bobber and tracker styles all out there. Lots of hand built parts and bikes.

Pinellas Park, Wednesday night, Quaker Steak & Lube. I know it RUB and HD centric but other riders are often there and you can make connections with like minded folks. There's also Burger King on Saturday night, mostly antique cars and hot rods but the other side of the lot has VW guys and some of them had 70s-80s bikes.

born2expire said:
it seems no one is in this area. i've tried countless times to make contact with some people on here that are in the 727/813 area that are into vintage bikes to get together/hang out/ wrench on each others bikes/ ride or whatever with out any results. I'm also a member of the Vintage Japanese Motorcycle Club and i've yet to meet anyone from that, but im working on that one. Just trying to meet new people...i dont care if your 17 or 57 i just want to talk shop and b/s and hangout with people with the same interests as me. vintage/classic cars/trucks/vans also is a plus.

if you're in my area or know someone who is, let them know about this post or reply. i live in St. Petersburg and i'm 24 and a engineer by trade, i have a two car garage, a motorcycle lift, and enough tools to make shit happen!
If you're in the St. Pete/Tampa area just go talk to the guys at Dime City Cycles. Great guys and they're always getting people together to ride. They could definitely point you in the right direction

Dyrden said:
Weve got some good momentum going at Wood Tavern in Miami on Thursdays after 9pm. This week there were about 20 vintage bikes. BMWs, Guzzis, CBs, KZ, H1, Goldwing cafe, bobber and tracker styles all out there. Lots of hand built parts and bikes.
Couldn't make it last week but looking forward to heading out there this Thurs.

thanks for the help guys. the VJMC is having the bike 35th anniversary vintage bike show/ride in winter haven. i think its in november but should be good, im hoping to have my bikes ready and to make the trip if not to ride then to just meet new people and check out some cool bikes.

pm me I know a few guys in st pete...in fact a few us are riding on sunday downtown st pete..the guys at saki bomb do a yearly cafe racer show in nov.

Hey, I am in Gainesville. Can I get more info about the Winter Haven vintage bike show? Thanks

Great turn out at Wood last night.

This bike will be there next thursday 9/13

c31-01-e1334998040892.png

Hey,
I'm James. The bike I was riding that night was the black R1 that's naked/fightered/cafed. We went to Will Call after. My CB750 is at paint.

Yes I definitely remember you. We were talking for a while there. I'm Javier, I had the orange CB360. Hopefully I'll be there next week.

dlv said:
Yes I definitely remember you. We were talking for a while there. I'm Javier, I had the orange CB360. Hopefully I'll be there next week.

Oh yea definitely. Yours was the super clean one. That's a good spot huh.

Back
Top Bottom