CB360's-from build to blog - 2013, MDS (Mo Dumb Shit)

Re: CB360- No Evil

Forgot to mention I also made a new camera mount to fit to tail light number plate bracket.
It's rubber mounted so should cut down vibration.
Here's pics of shocks fitted
Left side
NewShock4.jpg

Right side
NewShock1.jpg

It's close to sprocket guard but has clearance.
When I fit the new wheels the guard is disappearing
NewShock5.jpg

From the back
NewShock3.jpg

Close up showing the rubber bump stop is about 1" from bottomed out.
This is after bumping it up the steps onto patio
NewShock2.jpg

I'll have to check the pictures when I'm not using the silly telephone but my question is is it that amount of travel with simply the bikes or with you also on board?

That was after a test ride. I thought it would probably bottom out going up steps but it didn't. 8)
The 'race sag' is about an inch, free sag only a couple of MM so spring is slightly soft initially.
I'm going to try and find some straight rate sprigs sometime as variable rate don't work too good with variable valving

Finally got round to adjusting valves, all were loose, right exhaust about 0.008" and rattling
Still playing with jetting, rebuilt a set of carbs with 115 main jets and different air correctors for stock exhaust (no filters, open carbs)
Also modded slides and emulsion tubes, and no, I won't tell you exactly what I did ;)
When It's finalised I'll be offering air correctors for various exhaust systems and stock carbs
Damn but it's quick now I leaned it out a bit, about 28mph in first gear (I know speedo is running a bit slow)
Probably 11,500rpm or so? (no idea of rpm, high enough for points bounce/valve float though)
Seems to be great pick up but will need a longer road test to verify everything is good ;D
Didn't get anything done on bike over weekend but did get shed roof patched up and made some more tach/speedo block off plugs
Tachblockoffplugs.jpg

Nothing to report on bike, however I freaked out on dentist.
Doesn't matter how good it looks when it doesn't do its job.
Told me to get another root canal done, I've already had 3 out of the 4 teeth he ground on done :eek:
Having another 'evaluation' on Friday.
Used lot of Orajel and now using Anbesol which is stronger (20% Benzocain anesthetic)
It's been going on since Dec 3rd I'm really pissed off
Also got some bad news about the ongoing problem with my arm.
I'm going to need another surgery, this time pretty major with around a SIX MONTH RECOVERY :mad:
It's been around 16 months since the accident, I still can't ride very far and still can't use arm properly (my excuse for doing very little ;) )
Still buying parts and making some stuff though, just really slow, difficult to get motivated when everything hurts

Sorry to hear about the arm, pj. :(

I would have gone off on the dentist too - that's some bs.

Hey PJ
Chin up!
My mate told me a story this evening involving a triumph trident, the double dips at stupid on the meter closely followed by a Lada crawling along at a snails pace.
:eek:

Ya, sorry to hear the news PJ. I know it's not much consolation, but anything we can do to help?

I have dreams about attacking the dentist with a dremel.

sorry to hear buddy.

sucks to hear that man...

my grandfather got a new replacement some time ago... for a while he was down as he couldnt do anything, but as it slowly got better he realized just what the surgery was for. he injured his knee at the age of about 25, in a motorcycle accident back when he lived in england.

it will work out in the end man. and damn, you only need one arm to use a metal lathe ;)

Rocan said:
and damn, you only need one arm to use a metal lathe ;)

Your right about that ;D
I've made a couple of parts and pieces.
Bought some real cheap Chinese air filters off Sp*** F** L*** a few months ago.
I knew I couldn't use them 'as is' because the mounting rubbers were way too big. (62mm)
Got hold of some thin wall tube (it's cheap and nasty but will do the job)
Did a real quick jobbie on filter flange with a pair of pliers, looks pretty nasty close up but will work fine with some epoxy
Airfilteradapters-1.jpg

Airfilteradapters-4.jpg

Still have to drill a couple of holes/cut slots around circumference so I can 'spring' them onto carb.
I'll fit hose clamps but mainly to prevent air leak
I also found my arm really is MESSED UP.
Tried making a new battery box yesterday.
doing a little bit of welding, after about 10 mins my hand was completely numb which surprised me and totally sucks.
I couldn't hold filler rod so gave up on it.

You also made some SWEET flanges for my 360!! they arrived today and look great!!

bummer on the arm PJ.

keep it up though! looking good.

Meetup group Brendon started had first meet yesterday.
12 people turned up including a couple of Ducati's ('new' ones, Paul Smart replica and a Monster)
Cafe-Moto4.jpg

Cafe-Moto10.jpg

Had a really great ride.
I think it was a compliment when guy with Paul Smart replica Ducati posted this
" You were cutting it up with the Monster! Nice to meet you - look forward to a good ride next time with better weather..."
'Shortround' turned up on CB750 (I'm pretty sure it's in projects somewhere?)
Cafe-Moto8.jpg

There was also a CB550 and another CB360 (three of us made it on 360's ;D )
Cafe-Moto7.jpg

Cafe-Moto6.jpg

Mine and Brendon's
Cafe-Moto11.jpg

No one expected my stock looking bike to be so quick 8) (it looks like I just removed side panels and filters but I've done a LOT of work on carbs)
Going out with a bunch of vintage bikes has definitely got me motivated to get this thing looking the part.
Today I made blanking plugs for starter motor hole and kick start shaft hole so I can get 378 motor finished
The starter motor block off from outside and inside case
CB360starterblockoff.jpg

Kickstarter block off
CB360Kickstartplug.jpg

Im assuming the e start is already gone, so bump start only?

Glad to hear you got out with the guys PJ. Great therapy, isnt it?

PJ, now you've done it. I HAVE to HAVE one of those starter hole plugs. PM with how much cheddar that will run me.

AWESOME!

i also want one of those starter plugs... heck, you can scribe "PJ" into them if you want ;)

Back
Top Bottom