Post a pic of your motorcycle as it sits

Alex jb said:
That’s some crazy tank paint, sweet.
+1 good job on the lacework, that can be tough to get clean. I like everything about the bike, except the tires, those suck LOL. after you get her running I'd sell those off and get a good set of Avons/Shinko's or something that will allow you to actually make a turn without coming to a complete stop first.

Maritime said:
+1 good job on the lacework, that can be tough to get clean. I like everything about the bike, except the tires, those suck LOL. after you get her running I'd sell those off and get a good set of Avons/Shinko's or something that will allow you to actually make a turn without coming to a complete stop first.

Thanks on the tank. I agree with you maritime. The reason I have them is because a friend bought them for his bike and hated them. Gave em to me. I putting this bike together from parts. Started the project because I had an engine. I prob will change them as soon as funds permit. Currently just getting it running. They are pretty square and probably leave me in a ditch somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

There’s a lot of lookey nicey bikes with those tyres yet none that seem to get a regular thrashing, just be pre-warned.

trek pulled those same tires off of his 360 because of the poor handling characteristics.

Sorting out the gremlins

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_6408.JPG
    IMG_6408.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 177
Seat and bag rack installed.

Attachments

• IMG_20180609_143157.jpg
    IMG_20180609_143157.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 371
Thanks! It smoothed out a little bit once I adjusted the timing, it was about 5* too advanced. But with the rephase its got a nice lope.

My CB360 in the ‘workshop’ with its top end off awaiting 70mm pistons..... 8)

Attachments

• 5D5D737C-6A92-4111-A4CF-CD656959D90F.jpeg
    5D5D737C-6A92-4111-A4CF-CD656959D90F.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 193
Mounted up a new top case for the FJR and washed it. I also used some plastic restoration stuff on all the black glossy bits. I've got a camping trip this coming weekend in eastern Oregon, so I'm getting things ready. Should cover about 1000 miles over four days and see some pretty beautiful parts of the state.

Attachments

• 20180624_150205.jpg
    20180624_150205.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 184
Sonreir said:
Mounted up a new top case for the FJR and washed it. I also used some plastic restoration stuff on all the black glossy bits. I've got a camping trip this coming weekend in eastern Oregon, so I'm getting things ready. Should cover about 1000 miles over four days and see some pretty beautiful parts of the state.

Nice. That will be fun. Ever toured on a bike like this? You might get hooked.

canyoncarver said:
Nice. That will be fun. Ever toured on a bike like this? You might get hooked.

I have not. I've covered maybe 200 miles in a day on it before and it was a pretty easy 200 miles. I'm very much looking forward to it.

Back
Top Bottom